Thread: E39a malibu turbo full flash

Default E39a malibu turbo full flash

Hi all,
    I have a 2013 malibu 2.0turbo that when I bought it I was able to play with the tune. A few month ago the dealer changed the plugs and updated the calibration, now I am not able to tune the new calibration yet. I tried to do a full flash back to the old tune but I get a message saying unsupported operating system. Could I just be doing something wrong, or am I just out of luck here?

Can you read it? I would use the latest calibration for a base tune and rewrite a new tune. We were seeing some broke ring lands from overboost conditions with the old OS.
    Mike

Lifetime Member

There are 11 new operating systems that are presently in beta testing. Read your calibration and send it to me so I can confirm we've got support coming.

Cindy at efilive dot com.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you for the quick replies.
    Mike, No the new OS hasn't been unlocked yet, and not knowing how long it would be I thought I would try going back to the original. Guess I'm just getting a little anxious to start learning. Sounds like you are familiar with these engines. I thought they changed to one step colder plugs, pulled just a bit of timing, and added a little boost to compensate? If it was cracking the lands, then does that mean the pistons cant handle more than factory boost? Thanks Mike

Cindy I emailed the tune to you also, the OS is 12668443. thank you for looking into it for me.

The updated programming is to address the misfire and low compression per the bulletin. I read before and after recall calibrations (In HP Format) and it seems the recall was correcting boost mostly. I have seen two different 2.0 turbo motors with broke ring lands. Once efi gets your ecm unlocked do a read and compare it to your old read and learn from GM calibrator's mistakes. Its a combo between boost, timing and lean fuel that caused high cyl pressures (IMO). I don't know if the Gm calibrator's are that dumb are they where trying to meet EPA requirements or what just wanted to give you a heads up so you don't make the same mistake.
    Mike

Thanks Mike, I really apriciate the info. You may have just saved me from a big mistake, and my wife..

Lifetime Member

The file you submitted was mapped in May. It hasn't been checked and sent to the beta team yet, hopefully that will happen this week.

It will be a few weeks before support is publicly available.

Cheers
    Cindy