Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 11th 2015, EFILive Public Beta CSP5 Release

Default May 11th 2015, EFILive Public Beta CSP5 Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
    Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.
    Release Notes:
    This public beta release is primarily for the Cummins CSP5 custom OS enhancement for the 2010-2012 CM2200 (CMD) and 2013-2015 CM2350B (CME) ECM's.
    Please make sure you read and follow the users guides first for the CSP5 upgrade for each ECM type, the users guides will be installed in your V8 > Documents folder.

CSP5 for these ECM's has been in internal beta for several months now, our test team has assisted as much as possible in ironing out any problems with these upgrades.
    As can be the case with software as more and more people start to use it some problems can surface that were never caught in testing. If you have any reservations about
    using beta software on any vehicles it is suggested you do not perform this upgrade and wait until this becomes marked as a stable release.

Known Issues:
    Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As new issues are verified they will be posted here under "known issues".

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 284
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 277
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.82 (Apr 10, 2015
    )
    To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; June 3rd, 2015 at 03:51 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Not sure if this is an actual issue or done intentionally. On a 12' RAM/Cummins file. Pedal - TQ shows a max TQ value of roughly 1025nm. When CSP5 is applied, it defaults to 857nm like the 10' trucks. I am guessing done intentional, but if a guy wasn't looking for it and assumed Pedal - TQ would be stock for a 12' it could cause temporary grief.

EDIT: Second part. I can imagine putting in a checks and exceptions rule to the csp5 patch may be a lot of work. Maybe a simple note applied somewhere?

I think we probably need to reword the document, or make it stand out more, currently it states....

EFILive automatically populates the new CSP5 tables with factory values during the upgrade to get you started. On modified engines these may not be suitable settings, you may need to copy your own tables in to the new CSP5 section(s).

It should probably be more explicit in saying these tables are only there to ensure the truck runs, you will need to check every default value suits your vehicle.

So the problem is that we can't copy tables from the loaded single tune file in to the CSP positions during the patch process, we have to 'paste' those values in during the patch process from a fixed set of values in the software. With all the different configurations it is simply too hard to 'guess' what would be a match for the loaded tune. I do understand your point though but I think the only fix we can do is just explain what needs to be done a little clearer. As far as I am aware many people would simply be applying a script over the new tables anyway.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

^^ Agreed!

I am by far not a shop doing mass tuning so scripts aren't real well known to me. That is how I noticed it as I was looking through all of the maps one by one.

Switching works awesome! I am having an issue with pass-thru datalogging. Haven't decided if it is my side problem or the software yet.

There is no issues with pass though logging as far as I know, though you might need to be a bit more specific as to what is going on.

Lifetime Member

It may very well be my end, still trying to figure out what is going on. BBX works fine. Live data EDA view via V2 works fine. I can view the saved EDA log in V8 just fine with data view.

V7.5 will not display all EDA PIDs when I open the BBX logged file (the one that works in V8) as most PIDs are (x) out. And when I go to pass-thru log, it says some PIDs are unsupported when I try to select EDA on a CMD controller. Not sure what to think just yet, never had an issue on CMB,CMC,LBZ,LMM logging pass-thru before.

I ok, you might be running in to an issue we are still trying to fix.
    If you are trying to load a logged file in V7.5, first select the controller type as CMD (use Ctrl+Alt+C), then log your log. See if that works for you.

Lifetime Member

Ross, I sent an email in to support@efi.

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    Ross, I sent an email in to support@efi.
    Email address is incorrect... it should be support@efilive.com

Lifetime Member

I abbreviated the post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast