Thread: P0068 P0106 sets at idle only COS3 STFT enable SD

Default P0068 P0106 sets at idle only COS3 STFT enable SD

High guys. The kids and I have been working on the shop project for a bit and I finally have new hotside hardware installed with no leaks.
    Previous running sessions were with the stock throttle body open to atmosphere.
    Now I have the intercooler plumbing installed and now I have a P0068 P0106 setting only at idle.
    I've researched this bugger a bit and I don't have a firm grasp of which two tables need to correlate.

Is P0068 setting from a symptom of the engine runnnig rough at idle and causing the MAP to read too high?
    The engine smoothes right out at 1500-3000 rpm free revving but still bogs and has heavy timing retard when put into gear. I know timing tables need some tweaking from what I read of the late great weatherman's posts.
    I'm just trying to avoid doing the blind redneck tweaks and changes that seem to only be a bandaid. ie. setting p0068 to only set at >8000 rpm.

Here is my current tune and logs:

LS1B_2005_COS3_12592618_V3a_0006.ctz
    Log_0035.efi
    Log_0036.efi

Again, this communities' insight and enthusiasm has not gone unnoticed. This project is for my automotive kids I'm teaching right now. It's extracurricular but I've already noticed one of my kids actually looking at Kettering University for the ability to play and get paid at the same time!.
    Last edited by megadeus; May 15th, 2015 at 04:16 AM.

Is air cleaner/filter clean/new and is MAF plumbing good (no holes, no kinks)...?

Have you checked for airleaks at the between cylinder heads and MAF...?

If you disconnect the MAF, make sure a MAF DTC immediately appears, and now with no MAF does it still idle rough...?

This engine is speed density with a 2 bar map. COS3 - 12592618. I did a smoke leak check a while back with nothing found but I will spray some carb cleaner around the intake/throttle body to see if there is any surging. I didn't have the P0068 or P0106 before I put on the intercooler.

I have a nagging hunch that I need to check the valve springs on this motor. The dum-dums that had this truck before it got repoed took it for a loop in a parking lot doing donuts until the back tires were bald. That evidence makes the chance that a valve spring might be broken much more feasible. I'll also do another leak down test on all jugs. The last time I did it, it didn't reveal any faults or leaks.