Thread: LS1/LS2 swaps?

Default LS1/LS2 swaps?

I would like to end up getting a late 90's F-Body, and have been thinking about what path I would take with it. I could go with a 98 LS1 PCM, which wouldhave the "advantage" of not using a license on my V2, but tuning is somewhat limited, and no COS. I could go with the 99+ LS1, which I have a 0411 PCM already (haven't licensed it), OR I could go for an LS2 swap. I know for the 99+ LS1, there is the RoadRunner, but AFAIK, there isn't an LS2 RR (although it might be in the works). For the LS1 route, the 99+ seems like the best path, mainly for the COS and RR Availability. What would the benefits (if any) be to going with the LS2 PCM over the LS1 (and is it possible?), and if I where to go 99+ LS1, what would be involve in going to LS2? How about LS6?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Cougar281; July 23rd, 2007 at 11:51 AM.

In doing some more research, if going 5.7L you would need LS1, if going 6.0, you could use an E38 or E40, and if going 7.0, you'd need an E38, right?

It all comes down to what crank sensor you are running. I would recommend the early 24 tooth crank sensor engines. Those PCMs are more user friendly and you do not need to use the electronic throttle control.
    Al

PS. of course you can always change the sensor, but it takes a knowledgeable machine shop to do it.
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Would it be possible to make an 05 E40 & T42 work with a LT1/LS1 5.7L & 4L60E without MAJOR work? Would there be any benefit?