Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12606807 OS and B6614 Problem

Default 12606807 OS and B6614 Problem

I had Jesse write a tune for a 2005 5.3L 1500 Silverado running the 12606807 operating system. When I downloaded it the truck would not go over 1200rpm or so and about 20mph. It felt like it was limiting torque to zero or something awful close. If I change the B6614, Mas Torque by RPM, table back to stock and leave everything else the way Jesse set it up everything is fine. Except normal torque management is active. Jesse had it set to 640 across the board, I also tried 450 across the board and it still limited rpms to about 1200 . So far no one can explain this. Anyone else had the same problem or of know of a cure? I don't want to post the complete tune file unless Jesse OKs it since it is his intellectual property.

Regards,
    Jaime

So no one else has had any trouble removing torque management on the 2606807 operating sytem?????

BTW, It is a 2006 not 2005 as I stated earlier.

Ask Jessie, Im sure he will sort you out.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I've spoke with Jesse about and also emailed Paul and Ross about this issue. It has been over a month and none of them have any answers. They were able to help me narrow it down to the B6614 table but that's it. They suggested using this forum for help.

So once again has anyone eliminated torque management on a 2006 Silverado running the 2606807 operating system??

Regards,
    Jaime

I will be catching up with Jesse in a few days, we will have a talk about it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

OK I have an update. I finally had some time to experiment and I found something interesting. If I reduce the values in the B6614 the truck performs better and has reduced torque limiting. I thought that raising the values would reduce the torque limiting not lowering. Sooo am I backwards or is there a small glitch in the software with this table???? At least I found a way to reduce the torque managment

Regards,
    Jaime

Ross, Jesse, any comments?????

I was just messing with this table. I put the max value in each cell and the truck wouldn't move. I then reverted back only this table and everthing was fine. Then I reduced the values all to 150 and the truck was a different animal all together. This is on a stock '06 2500HD 6.0 4L80E.

It would appear that the values are indirectly proportionate to the desired result just as you suggested.

Thanks for backin' me up! I really thought I was goin' nuts cause it seemed I was the only one who ever had this problem. I think I ended up just lower the entire table by a percentage and the truck seems to run nicely.

Regards,
    Jaime

I know this is an old thread but I just went through the same issues. I think there is a bug in the software. Whenever I raised the torque numbers the truck would lose power and the throttle was limited in its opening. So i zero'd out the table and now its good. Hopefully this can get fixed eventually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast