Thread: Getting connected, V2 flashscan and V8. Newer user

Default Getting connected, V2 flashscan and V8. Newer user

I am new to the EFILive tool and trying to scan a E38 ECM with 6L80 trans. I tested the tool in V8 and it detected the proper ECM and TCM but when trying to stream the live sensor data, it just says "that feature is not yet available". I am not sure what this means.

When I toggle over to the OBD interface, it will give spec on the controllers but when I try to check for DTCs, it also says "that feature is not yet available"

All I am trying to do is scan for active body codes and stream body code data to troubleshoot a traction control/stabilitrak warning lamp status.

I borrowed the device and has only been used for tuning the Duramax diesels. I am unsure if there is even more licensing for this or what?

I was instructed to test with V7.5 but when I plugged in and attempted to connect, the software indicated the flashscan was not compatible with the software and I needed to use V8, then update the firmware. I did so but still will not function.

Can someone direct me a bit here?

You would have to install the current released V7 and V8 software, and from that V8 version also update the V2 firmware/bootblock...

i.e. all 3 (or 4) have to be in-sync.

http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Pass-thru scanning is only available with the V7.5 software. (V8 pass-thru will be available in the next few months). V8 currently supports black box logging, directly onto the FlashScan device.

To get V7 working with the V2...
    Make sure you update the V7.5 software to the latest release from here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    After installing the V7.5 software use the "Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Check for Updates" option to apply the final V7 update.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Pass-thru scanning is only available with the V7.5 software. (V8 pass-thru will be available in the next few months). V8 currently supports black box logging, directly onto the FlashScan device.

To get V7 working with the V2...
    Make sure you update the V7.5 software to the latest release from here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    After installing the V7.5 software use the "Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Check for Updates" option to apply the final V7 update.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul. I ended up having to open V8 toupdate the firmware on the V2, then go back to V7.5 to review sensor data.

However, the only thing that was available was generic EPA sensor data. I need to pull body codes. I am a little unclear about the licensing as the one I looked at indicated $3000 just for "scanning" of the E38 ECM. I hope I have that mixed up! I need to understand how to pull all mfg codes or if this functionality is even available with EFIlive?