Thread: 2nd Gear TC Lockup Axis issue

Default 2nd Gear TC Lockup Axis issue

I've been playing around with the transmission tuning a bit more lately and have a few questions. While trying to get the Torque Converter to lock up in 2nd gear I've notice that the Shaft Speed Axis reference table for 2nd gear is the same table as the 3rd gear Shaft Speed Axis (B4517).
    I haven't been able to get my TC to lock in second without my switch or in manual second no matter what I do with the tables and was wondering if this is why. Anyhow with some input I'd be very thankful. Thanks for the help

Dominic
    Last edited by Dom_c13b; May 20th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

You cannot achieve 2nd gear lockup through tuning on these trucks. It has been tried by many and to my knowledge it has never worked.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

I wonder if it's because it's referencing the incorrect table? Maybe Ross or someone could clarify for us? It's something that I've just noticed but like I said I've really only started playing with the tcc table recently. I've got the trans to shift how I like it with the ttva and gov pressure tables but wanted to start playing with converter lock up to give it a more solid feel.
    Another question while I'm in here. When having the TQ lock in 3rd gear while NOT in tow haul mode it does a strange unlock/lock routine while shifting into 4th. Has anyone been able to get rid of that hiccup or only in tow haul? Thanks again for your time.

Dominic

My mind is a bit cloudy on this one but I do recall the discussion about it, it is the correct table. I suspect that a lot of these maps have base values put in before the engineers tune them. Probably because there is no 2nd gear lockup they never bothered changing whatever the default values were.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the response's I know that it's been a long time sense you all have shook down the 5.9 and there's been a lot of other focus sense. I appreciate your time. Thanks again

You can get 2nd gear lockup using that table and it will ONLY work in manual 2nd gear!!! Which is pointless....if you try to modify it while in (D) it will not respond
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Yea I just figured that out the other day. It did exactly what I told it to do in manual second! Oh well, wish it could work while in D. Have you guys also had issues with having the converter locked in 3rd doing a strange unlock/lock pattern while shifting into 4th while not in tow haul? Is it just how I have it setup or is it an issue for everyone?