View Poll Results: Would you buy a car that can't be tuned?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, I'll buy another make instead.

44 100.00%
  • Yes, because 100% stock is good enough for me.

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GM owns your cars software, don't fiddle!

That sounds like what a certain EV company has done, OBD-II port with CAN (which isn't a true OBD-II connector even) only has the minimum info via a gateway to keep the regulators happy, the rest is locked down and uses Ethernet.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That sounds like what a certain EV company has done, OBD-II port with CAN (which isn't a true OBD-II connector even) only has the minimum info via a gateway to keep the regulators happy, the rest is locked down and uses Ethernet.
    Ridiculous how they haven't gotten fined for literally not having an obd2 connector... It's just some stupid little socket smoshed in the corner. Supposeably some actually are hooked up but the one I looked at had power.... And that's it.

It's not even about tuning anymore. Any independent shop is just screwed if this is how things are going. Won't matter how many thousands you spend on that nice snap on scanner.

Of course we all know what John Deere has done with regards to right to repair, that is the way it is all heading.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Why do you need a ODB port in an EV? It's zero emissions and they don't need maintiance or break? That was trying to be sarcastic but sadly it's true... I think?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
    Why do you need a ODB port in an EV? It's zero emissions and they don't need maintiance or break? That was trying to be sarcastic but sadly it's true... I think?
    Valid point and probably why they don't need to fit one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345