Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber protective cases for EFILive FlashScan interface modules

Default Rubber protective cases for EFILive FlashScan interface modules

I have tooled up rubber cases to help protect the EFILive FlashScan interface modules. Right now I am making them just in black or orange. I can do custom colors in volume if a company wants some specific color (minimum 25-35 piece volume required depending on the color).

The orange is more visible so that might make it less likely to get left behind in a customer vehicle etc.

Here are pictures:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Case_640.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	18443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	18444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orange.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	18445

These are being done on low volume tooling so only a couple can be made a day (FlashScan cable isn't an iPhone after all).

If you use the analog inputs and outputs you will need to trim some of the rubber away around the connector position you plan to use.

The black ones are selling for $49.99 plus shipping and the orange ones are $54.99 plus shipping on my web site. $5 more in my ebay store (to cover the ebay fees).

More pictures of the case from different angles etc are on my web site as well:

http://shop.proservsolutions.com/pro...scan-v2-cables

Contact me if you have questions.

PSS

Hey, those are real nice

the bright orange one gives V2 a Fluke multimeter lookish (altho Fluke uses bright yellow).

Quote Originally Posted by PSS View Post
    I have tooled up rubber cases to help protect the EFILive FlashScan interface modules. Right now I am making them just in black or orange. I can do custom colors in volume if a company wants some specific color (minimum 25-35 piece volume required depending on the color).

The orange is more visible so that might make it less likely to get left behind in a customer vehicle etc.

Here are pictures:

These are being done on low volume tooling so only a couple can be made a day (FlashScan cable isn't an iPhone after all).

If you use the analog inputs and outputs you will need to trim some of the rubber away around the connector position you plan to use.

The black ones are selling for $49.99 plus shipping and the orange ones are $54.99 plus shipping on my web site. $5 more in my ebay store (to cover the ebay fees).

PSS
    I like it! Great idea. Any chance that the price could be lowered a bit?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Does anyone stock these in Aust .. Blk

Default Color

Yeah, that color idea came from the Fluke and other test equipment with similar covers.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Hey, those are real nice

the bright orange one gives V2 a Fluke multimeter lookish (altho Fluke uses bright yellow).

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    I like it! Great idea. Any chance that the price could be lowered a bit?
    I wish I could but with low volume tooling the parts are fairly labor intensive. As it is I am not sure I will ever recover the tooling cost. If I thought I could sell a lot of them I would go to hard tooling but that is several thousand dollars and I don't think enough V2 cables exist to justify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil R8 View Post
    Does anyone stock these in Aust .. Blk
    Not yet but they fit in a flat rate small USPS box so shipping shouldn't be too bad ($24.75).

Default Lower price on V2 rubber covers

We lowered the price on the rubber V2 cases:
    Black is now $39.95
    Orange is now $44.95

http://shop.proservsolutions.com/products/rubber-protective-case-for-efilive-flashscan-v2-cables

Get them while they are still available. Not sure we will make more when these are all sold.

Quote Originally Posted by PSS View Post

Here are pictures:

PSS

Get them made in China for about $1.25 per case.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Default Mfg

Tooling is cheaper but still expensive on a per unit basis and finding/vetting vendors for a low cost/low volume project like this is hard enough already without having them be thousands of miles away (not to mention the possible language barrier).

I have used overseas manufacturers for some projects but for the types of volumes we are usually involved in it often doesn't make a lot of sense to do so.

If this was a cell phone case that I thought we could sell thousands of then it might be worthwhile (but then we would have hundreds of competitors too).

FYI - if you are looking to have companies all over the world (and right next door too) quote on manufacturing projects this web site is great way to do so:

https://www.mfg.com/

You put your design up on the site and companies send you quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Get them made in China for about $1.25 per case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast