Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June 02, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default June 02, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.
    Download V7.5 Software (101 MB) (Updated June 16, 2015)
    Download V8 Software
    (64 MB) (updated June 8, 2015)

Release Notes:

Known Issues:
    Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues thread.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 285
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 278
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.84 (Jun 03, 2015
    )
    To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; July 8th, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hey Paul... When updating to this software, I assume I have to re-install the BETA .calz ?

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Yes, they will be overwritten.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

When trying to open the BBX window I get an integer overflow error with the latest pre release:
    EFILiveV8.2.2.278_Setup_Update1

Attachment 18548

but it works fine with the previous:
    EFILiveV8.2.2.277_Setup

Attachment 18549
    If you want it done right, gonna have to do it yourself.

12v/3rd gen/4th gen self tuning

Cheers,

Cody Jack Roberts

I am getting an "Error: $0101: No data received." message when I try to connect to the FlashScan cable with EFILive Explorer and then I can't view the anything from the FlashScan with Explorer.

I am able to connect to it with Scan & Tune to update firmware, configure BBX etc.

Version V8.2.2.278 of the Scan and Tune.

Firmware 2.07.84
    Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Just tried another V2 cable and get similar (but different) results. Won't see the files/folders in Explorer (no Error $0101 though). Remove the SD card and try again and it works (able to see the folders on the V2 cable itself). Tried taking the SD card out of the other cable and Explorer sees the folders in that one too.

It seems to be related to using SD cards. It formats a card and creates the directories (if you put the card in an SD card reader on a PC or look at them from the V2 cable on-screen menus) but Explorer won't see them in the SD card.

Take an SD card from another V2 cable that was working in that cable and EFI Explorer still doesn't see the sub directories.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh View Post
    I am getting an "Error: $0101: No data received." message when I try to connect to the FlashScan cable with EFILive Explorer and then I can't view the anything from the FlashScan with Explorer.

I am able to connect to it with Scan & Tune to update firmware, configure BBX etc.

Version V8.2.2.278 of the Scan and Tune.

Firmware 2.07.84
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Seems to work fine on an older version of the software (274). Tried a different USB cable. Same thing. Tried another USB port. Same thing. Thought I had it fixed when I removed another USB device (SD card reader) but worked and then didn't.

Did a full un-install of V7 and V8 and re-installed from the downloads. Same thing.
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Which SD cards do you guys have...? I pm'd Paul to get his attention on this.

Using 2GB SD cards (not SDHC). I thought the new software/hardware recognized the bigger cards but I have never tried and just to be sure we still use the smaller SD cards (getting harder to find).

I have tested more and can make it work on another PC with the same release software but it is very slow. Wonder if it is some timeout related thing or something like that.

Thanks BTW.
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrh View Post
    Using 2GB SD cards (not SDHC). I thought the new software/hardware recognized the bigger cards but I have never tried and just to be sure we still use the smaller SD cards (getting harder to find).

I have tested more and can make it work on another PC with the same release software but it is very slow. Wonder if it is some timeout related thing or something like that.

Thanks BTW.
    After powering up FlashScan with the SD Card inserted, check the start-up counters for the SD Card here:
    F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F4 File Sys Info -> F3 SD Card Info
    Then scroll down until you see the Start-up statistics. What values do you see for Start-up, Waited and Total?

P.S. SDHC cards work with FlashScan. The firmware was updated a few years back to support SDHC cards.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast