Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Known issues with June 02, 2015 Public Release

Trying to upgrade CMD os: 22120817 to csp5 the upgrade option is not available under the custom os tab. The software will however load a CSP5 file built from that OS with the previous software version.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydiesel View Post
    Trying to upgrade CMD os: 22120817 to csp5 the upgrade option is not available under the custom os tab. The software will however load a CSP5 file built from that OS with the previous software version.
    I just had this yesterday on a 22100538 OS and thought maybe it was my end as it had always worked since CSP release.

Is it all CSP5 patches that are affected?

EDIT: And yes I had the v2 plugged in prior to loading v7.5 tune tool. With only v7.5 tune tool running.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Sorry, my mistake. I left the CSP 5 calibration files out of the pre-release build. I've posted an update in the first thread.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I have been trying to download and install V8.2.2 on my XP laptop. Each time I run the install I get this error message:
    "Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll"
    This is preventing me from completing the install. What do I do to correct the error and get the V8 working?
    PS: This error is on the beta release, public release and the V7.5 so I am thinking that it may be my system. Anyone got a clue what I can do?
    Michael
    Last edited by mri22; July 3rd, 2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: version correction

Quote Originally Posted by mri22 View Post
    I have been trying to download and install V8.2.2 on my XP laptop. Each time I run the install I get this error message:
    "Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll"
    This is preventing me from completing the install. What do I do to correct the error and get the V8 working?
    PS: This error is on the beta release, public release and the V7.5 so I am thinking that it may be my system. Anyone got a clue what I can do?
    Michael
    You're installing V8 build 278...?

Quote Originally Posted by mri22 View Post
    Michael
    Hi Michael,

It sounds like a background process is using the dll. The only background process that should be using the dll in EFILive_HAPI.exe. Make sure that process is not running, you may need to use task manager to kill it. Or reboot your PC and then try installing.
    As a last resort, delete the EFILive_VM.dll file, then try re-installing.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Also, I noticed in EDA (2010 CM2200), if post1 is "0" on timing table it still logs a value..?

{E0300-E0305} tables zero'd and still a value is calculated in the log. Am I the only one? Post Qty will zero and show that in logs. Maybe it just doesn't matter but if it can affect overall timing via limiters because it is still calculated, that would suck.

The Post 1 is showing the sums of the base table plus all the adjustment tables (eg, maybe for Coolant temp etc), so you do see the final sum in that timing PID which may still get adjusted. When the ECM is doing the final range checks on timing it does see what pulses are active and what ones aren't, so if Post is zero quantity then it is not taken in to account to the final Main timing.

So just keep in mind regardless of what pulses are active they are all still processed and calculated as though they were active, they just get ignored later in the system.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12