Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June 02, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Hi Cody,

Thanks for the file. The BBX window was trying to open the file as if it really was a BBX quick setup file. That caused the software to misinterpret the data in the file which caused the interger overflow.
    I've changed the *.bbx file loading routines so that they now check for that situation. In future it will display the message "Invalid *.bbx quick setup file" or something similar to that, instead of "integer overflow" which is not a very helpful error message.

Regards
    Paul
    ▼ Hide quoted text

On 1/07/2015 5:04 p.m., Cody Roberts wrote:
    Paul,

this is the file, I still had it in the recycle bin.
    I also included the new one that is working for comparison.

looking through them I didn't notice any difference. When attaching them however I did notice the new one is *.txt and the old one was *.bbx hope this helps.

(the bad file is 'CMD_EDA_basic.bbx)
    (working file is 'CMD_EDA_basic1.txt')

cheers,

Cody Jack Roberts
    If you want it done right, gonna have to do it yourself.

12v/3rd gen/4th gen self tuning

Cheers,

Cody Jack Roberts

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You realize that this does not help Paul to find andfix the bug,,,
    Its ok Joe, im_compensating sent me the affected files via email last week and I did find and fix the bug. I should have posted the results...

The problem was the Options.txt file had been changed to Options.bbx and so when opening the file the EFILive software attempted to interpret the file as *.bbx info from what was really a *.ini options file. The code for reading a *.bbx file expects a 4 byte integer in the first four bytes of the *.bbx file (the number of sub-files contained in the bbx file). That value was obviously huge "1595940923" and caused an integer overflow.
    The software now takes extra precautions when loading *.bbx files to validate the values being loaded more carefully.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Its ok Joe, im_compensating sent me the affected files via email last week and I did find and fix the bug. I should have posted the results...
    Ah, ok, I see ... this sort of thing has me going in circles in my day job )

The problem was the Options.txt file had been changed to Options.bbx and so when opening the file the EFILive software attempted to interpret the file as *.bbx info from what was really a *.ini options file. The code for reading a *.bbx file expects a 4 byte integer in the first four bytes of the *.bbx file (the number of sub-files contained in the bbx file). That value was obviously huge "1595940923" and caused an integer overflow.
    The software now takes extra precautions when loading *.bbx files to validate the values being loaded more carefully.

Regards
    Paul
    Interesting permutation (1595940923 = 0x5F20203B in little endian, I see the ascii chars)

For some reason I am not able to download any EFI software. It has been like this for a week for me. Any Idea what the problem for me is?

Whatever it was after waiting a half hour of it trying to open it did and appears to be working.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123