Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June 02, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    After powering up FlashScan with the SD Card inserted, check the start-up counters for the SD Card here:
    F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F4 File Sys Info -> F3 SD Card Info
    Then scroll down until you see the Start-up statistics. What values do you see for Start-up, Waited and Total?

P.S. SDHC cards work with FlashScan. The firmware was updated a few years back to support SDHC cards.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul

I am having the same issues. Here is the info from my V2.

Start-Up: 1
    Waited: 2
    Total: 2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konahoss View Post
    Paul

Try opening the EFILive Control Panel and make sure your FlashScan device is being correctly recognized as FlashScan and not AutoCal. If it is incorrectly identified as AutoCal then any SD Card duties may not work correctly/reliably since AutoCal does not support an SD Card. I have seen some trace files that show a FlashScan device being incorrectly identified as an AutoCal because it appears that the FlashScan USB identification EEPROM has been corrupted/erased.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

All three of the cables I am having the problem with have the same start-up statistics as well:

Quote Originally Posted by konahoss View Post
    Paul

Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Try opening the EFILive Control Panel and make sure your FlashScan device is being correctly recognized as FlashScan and not AutoCal. If it is incorrectly identified as AutoCal then any SD Card duties may not work correctly/reliably since AutoCal does not support an SD Card. I have seen some trace files that show a FlashScan device being incorrectly identified as an AutoCal because it appears that the FlashScan USB identification EEPROM has been corrupted/erased.

Regards
    Paul
    I will check that out. Thank you Sir.

Erick

on the integer overflow error I've already done the firmware update for the V2 running version: 2.07.84 if that makes any difference
    If you want it done right, gonna have to do it yourself.

12v/3rd gen/4th gen self tuning

Cheers,

Cody Jack Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by im_compensating View Post
    When trying to open the BBX window I get an integer overflow error with the latest pre release:
    EFILiveV8.2.2.278_Setup_Update1

Attachment 18548

but it works fine with the previous:
    EFILiveV8.2.2.277_Setup

Attachment 18549
    Unfortunately I can't see your attachments so I'm just guessing here...
    It may be something to do with the Options.txt file that is automatically being loaded when the BBX window is opened. Try forcing EFILive to not load that file automatically by deleting the ini file entry that tells EFILive which file to load. That ini file entry is in the file: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini in the section [MRU Files] with the key Name "Options=".
    Make sure EFILive is not running when you edit the ini file. Try deleting that line from the in ifile using Notepad and then try starting EFILive and opening the BBX page.

Regards
    Paul

I went in and deleted the file name in the Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini file under 'mru files' and 'options'. The bbx window opened when I went back to v8. I read my settings from the v2 and saved them again under the same name and overwrote the file. When I tried to reopen it I got an integer overflow again. I then deleted it from the 'EFILiveScanAndTune.ini' file again and this time deleted the actual txt file in the bbx folder. Went back and read and saved my settings, now it opens every time. I assume that the file previously saved from the v8.2.2.277 build must have been incompatible with the 278 build somehow and when I was overwriting it, it must have kept something that was not letting the newer build open it?

Cheers,

Cody Jack Roberts

I went in and deleted the file name in the Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini file under 'mru files' and 'options'. The bbx window opened when I went back to v8. I read my settings from the v2 and saved them again under the same name and overwrote the file. When I tried to reopen it I got an integer overflow again. I then deleted it from the 'EFILiveScanAndTune.ini' file again and this time deleted the actual txt file in the bbx folder. Went back and read and saved my settings, now it opens every time. I assume that the file previously saved from the v8.2.2.277 build must have been incompatible with the 278 build somehow and when I was overwriting it, it must have kept something that was not letting the newer build open it?
    Do you happen to still have a copy of the file that was causing the issue? If so can you pleasesend it to me at paul@efilive.com so I can try and figure out what it was in that file that was causing the problem.

Regards
    Paul

Don't know if anyone else had the integer overflow issue, but deleting the file and removing it's name from the ini file solved it. Thanks Paul.

Cheers,

Cody Jack Roberts

Don't know if anyone else had the integer overflow issue, but deleting the file and removing it's name from the ini file solved it. Thanks Paul.
    You realize that this does not help Paul to find andfix the bug,,,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast