Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Procharged C7 closes throttle @ WOT !!! need help

Joe, I can't thank you enough on this one!
    Because that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
    Is that something I do? Or something you do?

Now, here's the thing.
    I re-read this entire thread and I think I figured something out.
    Because I am "trying" things on this car to resolve this issue. Every time I "flash" the ECU, it clears the DTC's. So, I decided to pull the DTC's and look at the "Pending".
    What I found is that there are "pending" codes but they are not actually throwing a Check Engine light.
    Here are the codes I'm receiving:
    P0325 - Knock Sensor Performance
    P2227 - Baro Sensor Performance
    P2229 - Baro Sensor Circuit

If you look at post #20, the gentlemen mentions that he has a BARO code causing his issue's. Well, I have a 2-bar map (ZR1 map) and it is the SAME thing he had problems with.
    I'm thinking this BARO code MAY be where my problem is. The MAF sensor houses the BARO sensor. I'm thinking he took the BARO out of the equation and just kept it at Atmospheric instead of putting it under boost.

Is my thinking going in the right direction?
    Can I just disable the code? Or do I need to rewire something like in post #20. I'm going to PM him and see if he answers. I'd like to resolve the BARO issue.

The other code I'm getting deals with the KNOCK sensors. Which may be retarding my timing. I need to look at that too because the supercharger makes more noise on start-up and while running.

I'll send you the calc_pids.txt and E92_Link.ini files tomorrow, they are on my other machine.

Does it have a BARO sensor separate from the MAP sensor...?

If yes, and from where you said it is located, then you should allow it to see atmosperic pressure only, and not boost (that is why it is called BARO sensor

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I'll send you the calc_pids.txt and E92_Link.ini files tomorrow, they are on my other machine.
    Your Awesome!!!!
    Thank you.

I think is really going to help me with these processors moving forward on big builds.
    That way I stay within the ECU strategy.

Does it have a BARO sensor separate from the MAP sensor...?

If yes, and from where you said it is located, then you should allow it to see atmospheric pressure only, and not boost (that is why it is called BARO sensor
    So, after working through this...I've figured it out.
    It's taken me a bit, but I'm glad I did. AND it is EXACTLY what you just said.
    Right before I saw your post, I turned OFF the codes for BARO. Just to see what would happen. Guess what? The Throttle stayed OPEN!!!!! I shut down the pull at 5200 because it is uncharted territory at WOT on this tune on this car. So I haven't complete my MAF Transfer function.
    So this goes along with your post. Hear me out on this one...

This is a GM 8 wire MAF.
    It houses the Humidity + BARO + MAF + IAT all in one!!!!!!!!!!
    So, think about it. You have a sensor that is trying to calculate something it was never intended to be...a BLOW through design sensor with boosted + heated air.
    Now, if I were to make this a DRAW through MAF, I would still have problems. I wouldn't have the correct IAT readings of what is going into the motor for my Spark vs IAT table.
    And right now, I'm having incorrect BARO readings since I am making my own atmosphere under boost conditions right now as a Blow Thru design.

So, I'm thinking to make this "Right", I have to either...relocate the BARO section of the MAF. OR, make it a Draw thru design and relocate the IAT (and that's not taking into account the humdity reading as well!!!!!!!)
    Because the GM factory Supercharged vehicles have two IAT sensors in them. So they have the proper sensor setups for PROPER atmospheric condition changes. They are also a DRAW thru design with the sensors needed for all of these factors.

Here is my fear:
    I tune Dodge's as well. They are Speed Density with 02 corrections. They have no MAF sensors. On my Hemi builds I have to tune them in the winter or late nights in the summer and be VERY conservative with the AFR settings. Why? so as to not go lean when they go into boost when it's cold out. I get a full AFR reading change from cool to hot!!!!!
    So in this GM processor, my fear is that if I have a BARO sensor that is reading boost...that's not a proper indication of what the ACTUAL BARO is outside. So that when the customer goes up in elevation, it will be an unknown condition for the customer since it is in a position in which it will read boost!

So, I either copy what the poster did in #20 and make my own connector and take the BARO out of the MAF sensor and hook up the customers stock MAP sensor and put it in the air box OR I change the MAF to a draw thru and relocated the IAT into the blow thru tube.

Either way, I'm thinking that we need to have the 2-bar MAP sensor do the work of the boost and the BARO sensor do the work of the atmospheric correction...which seems to me the way to go since that's how GM seems to have the processor strategy setup to do so.

How's my thinking on this one?

Copy attached files to the following folders:
    - calc_pids.txt -> C:\users\you\documents\EFILive\7.5\User Configuration
    - E92_Link.ini -> C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

first rename E92_Link.ini.txt to E92_Link.ini (i.e. remove ".txt").

Then restart scantool and tunetool.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GAME View Post

This is a GM 8 wire MAF.
    It houses the Humidity + BARO + MAF + IAT all in one!!!!!!!!!!
    So, think about it. You have a sensor that is trying to calculate something it was never intended to be...a BLOW through design sensor with boosted + heated air.
    Now, if I were to make this a DRAW through MAF, I would still have problems. I wouldn't have the correct IAT readings of what is going into the motor for my Spark vs IAT table.
    And right now, I'm having incorrect BARO readings since I am making my own atmosphere under boost conditions right now as a Blow Thru design.

So, I'm thinking to make this "Right", I have to either...relocate the BARO section of the MAF. OR, make it a Draw thru design and relocate the IAT (and that's not taking into account the humdity reading as well!!!!!!!)
    Because the GM factory Supercharged vehicles have two IAT sensors in them. So they have the proper sensor setups for PROPER atmospheric condition changes. They are also a DRAW thru design with the sensors needed for all of these factors.

Here is my fear:
    I tune Dodge's as well. They are Speed Density with 02 corrections. They have no MAF sensors. On my Hemi builds I have to tune them in the winter or late nights in the summer and be VERY conservative with the AFR settings. Why? so as to not go lean when they go into boost when it's cold out. I get a full AFR reading change from cool to hot!!!!!
    So in this GM processor, my fear is that if I have a BARO sensor that is reading boost...that's not a proper indication of what the ACTUAL BARO is outside. So that when the customer goes up in elevation, it will be an unknown condition for the customer since it is in a position in which it will read boost!

So, I either copy what the poster did in #20 and make my own connector and take the BARO out of the MAF sensor and hook up the customers stock MAP sensor and put it in the air box OR I change the MAF to a draw thru and relocated the IAT into the blow thru tube.

Either way, I'm thinking that we need to have the 2-bar MAP sensor do the work of the boost and the BARO sensor do the work of the atmospheric correction...which seems to me the way to go since that's how GM seems to have the processor strategy setup to do so.

How's my thinking on this one?
    Yes, I agree...

the true BARO plays an important role, for example see the horizontal axis on each of the VE tables, it usesMAP:BARO ratio (which incidentally I included in the calc_pids.txt and E92_Link.ini files)...

and the true IAT of the air blob is just as important in any calculation of the cylinder airmass.

if possible (I know time is a constraint) it would be interesting to see the results of both configurations (relocated BARO vs draw-thru-MAF with relocated IAT).

Copy attached files to the following folders:
    - calc_pids.txt -> C:\users\you\documents\EFILive\7.5\User Configuration
    - E92_Link.ini -> C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration

first rename E92_Link.ini.txt to E92_Link.ini (i.e. remove ".txt").

Then restart scantool and tunetool.
    AWESOME
    I got it to work on my Windows 7 laptop.

Any tricks on how to get it to work on a Windows 10 laptop?
    Are you evening using Windows 10 yet????

Sorry, nevermind. I got it to work.
    Last edited by GR8GAME; October 25th, 2016 at 05:08 PM.

Yes, I agree...

the true BARO plays an important role, for example see the horizontal axis on each of the VE tables, it usesMAP:BARO ratio (which incidentally I included in the calc_pids.txt and E92_Link.ini files)...

and the true IAT of the air blob is just as important in any calculation of the cylinder airmass.

if possible (I know time is a constraint) it would be interesting to see the results of both configurations (relocated BARO vs draw-thru-MAF with relocated IAT).
    even better!
    i opened up the file and found the link
    I'm going to, actually, use that on this car. I like doing the VVE tables and get them close because if the MAF ever fails it has a reference to fall back on to keep the motor from blowing up.
    I also like to do those tables because on initial WOT stab, the ECM "looks" at the VE table until the MAF can catch up with commanded load vs airflow.

(E-92) 2014 Rob Anthony Vette Z51 Auto 6.2L (12660065)-NO DTC_00005.ctzWOT FULL 3.efi

So, here is where I'm at.
    It looks to be datalogging properly.

BUT, I'm still unclear on what I need to be changing it too.

I also am having another problem.
    The car is WAY down on power!
    Here is a pic from my dyno datalog: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2867.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	20383
    I am getting the boost! I'm getting the AFR right on. I'm getting the spark to be right there. My TB is staying open, like it should.
    Seems weird to me that the power is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GAME View Post
    Any tricks on how to get it to work on a Windows 10 laptop?
    Are you evening using Windows 10 yet????

Sorry, nevermind. I got it to work.
    I use Win7... I have not touched Win10.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast