Thread: Knock Sensor?

Default Knock Sensor?

I'm working on an 03' Yukon for a friend with the typical P0332 low freq. bank 2 code. I replaced both knock sensor (aftermarket) and the harness (Dorman), now I'm getting both P0327 low freq. bank 1 and P0332 low freq. bank 2. When watching the the knock retard on EFILive scan tool most times you get over 70% throttle it shows 8* knock other than that it's 0. After resetting the codes they will stay clear until the first time any knock shows up, then both codes pop up as pending and current but he MIL is not illuminating (I figure it will come on in a day or so of driving). Here is what I've done so far:

I have pulled everything back apart and re-torqued the sensors

Made sure all plug ins on the harness are tight

Tested both sensors with volt meter and tapping on the block with a hammer. Removed PCM plug to make sure I was getting a voltage reading from the sensor all the way to the PCM.

I have read through many post trying to find a solution but have not found someone with the same issues. I have seen multiple post saying to us OEM sensors instead of aftermarket, not sure if that is my problem since they show voltage on the tap test. I've also seen people have a bad PCM, which I think would be weird for to go out immediately after a KS change.

Anyone else have this issue or know what I need to look at?
    Thanks
    2006 GMC CCSB 1500HD 4X4 - Radix 3.2 pulley, Pacesetter Long Tubes, Magnaflow exhaust

Aftermarket KS sensors are trash. So are the Dorman KS harness's (or anything that they make for that matter). I repair these all the time after the owner or another shop replaced one or both sensors for codes only to have the same ones return or additional ones show up. OEM sensors and an OEM harness always fixes it right.

Bottom line is use OEM stuff only for these components and you'll live happily ever after.

Thanks for the help
    2006 GMC CCSB 1500HD 4X4 - Radix 3.2 pulley, Pacesetter Long Tubes, Magnaflow exhaust

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Aftermarket KS sensors are trash. So are the Dorman KS harness's (or anything that they make for that matter). I repair these all the time after the owner or another shop replaced one or both sensors for codes only to have the same ones return or additional ones show up. OEM sensors and an OEM harness always fixes it right.

Bottom line is use OEM stuff only for these components and you'll live happily ever after.
    FACT for sure on these kinds of parts replacement.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Thanks for the help. I replaced the aftermarket knock sensors with ACDelco GM original equipment sensors Part # 213-3521. So far all knock issues are gone and no more pending codes.

Good job