Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with tune...NO PEDAL

Set these tables back to stock in the OS your switching to. It'll be one of those giving you the dead pedal, ask me how I know.

B6605

B6603

B6609

B6611

B6614

how do you know big mike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Set these tables back to stock in the OS your switching to. It'll be one of those giving you the dead pedal, ask me how I know.

B6605

B6603

B6609

B6611

B6614
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    Granatelli Motorsports MAF Sensor
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Black Bear Performance Tune
    Snow Performance Water Methanol Injection
    Royal Purple Fluids

Because I went through the exact same thing with my own truck when I was first learning EFILive. On some OS setting some of these to their min, max, or to zero in relation to where they were) will cause a dead pedal. On mine it was setting B6605 to max from zero that did it and on a couple other trucks some of the other tables caused the same thing. Setting them back to stock (or going the opposite way you did initially for any originally set at zero) fixed them right up.
    Last edited by Big Mike; May 19th, 2018 at 07:27 PM.

ok I will definitely give it a try right now and let you know what takes place. thanks for the info!
    Because I went through the exact same thing with my own truck when I was first learning EFILive. On some OS setting some of these to their min, max, or to zero 9in relation to where they were) will cause a dead pedal. On mine it was setting B6605 to max from zero that did it and on a couple other trucks some of the other tables caused the same thing. Setting them back to stock (or going the opposite way you did initally for any originally set at zero) fixed them right up.
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Royal Purple Fluids

ok big mike I have to give it too you, you were on the money! after resetting the tables back to factory and flashing I have pedal again. now too my next question...I want to totally eliminate torque reduction and traction control. how can I do this if these tables are at stock values??

also after process of ilimination I figured out it was table B6609 messing me up

Because I went through the exact same thing with my own truck when I was first learning EFILive. On some OS setting some of these to their min, max, or to zero 9in relation to where they were) will cause a dead pedal. On mine it was setting B6605 to max from zero that did it and on a couple other trucks some of the other tables caused the same thing. Setting them back to stock (or going the opposite way you did initally for any originally set at zero) fixed them right up.
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Royal Purple Fluids

Now that you know it was B6609 (tip in TQ reduction, which is one of the common "gotcha" ones) leave that one stock and work on the others, either zeroing or maxing them out depending on the table. Simple as that.

Intresintly, what I've found when it comes to single value TQ reduction tables is that if its set at zero stock, then it has no affect on anything but it can also apply if it's factory set to the minimum value. That is why you have to play with them a little and see if it has any affect at all.

sounds good big mike. I will play with them and see what I can find out. are there any other things that you can see that I can change with my tune? I still am a little new to this so any help I can get I am very appreciative of!!

Now that you know it was B6609 (tip in TQ reduction, which is one of the common "gotcha" ones) leave that one stock and work on the others, either zeroing or maxing them out depending on the table. Simple as that.

Intresintly, what I've found when it comes to single value TQ reduction tables is that if its set at zero stock, then it has no affect on anything but it can also apply if it's factory set to the minimum value. That is why you have to play with them a little and see if it has any affect at all.
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Royal Purple Fluids

B6605 is where most of the TR is on the trucks (once you've gone through all the "safety" TR tables you already covered) so lowering that table a little at a time until you like it is where you want to concentrate most of your time as far as TR goes. B6605 also affects trans (shifting) TR too (its the lookup table for trans TR) so its another way to fine tune trans feel.

Those are TCS tables... are you guys editing those tables because you deleted traction control...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Those are TCS tables... are you guys editing those tables because you deleted traction control...?
    Most of the LS1B trucks I've worked with never had TCS enabled stock, or if it did, was only able to be active for a couple seconds. Some AWD apps though do employ it. Escalade, Silverado SS, Yukon XL etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast