Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vve map/rpm boundaries 2010 ls3 cammed camaro

Thanks guys I'll give it a shot and repost a log, I do have some decent filters that I've been using or so I think at least. I appreciate the help! Thank you

Default new log

I applied some basic updates to this tune that I had done previously before the new tune was posted. Here is a new log. Its better in areas I guess. Also not sure why timing is dropping off under wot conditions. Its not KR or a IAT multipler or it would be pulling more than that Id think? Any thoughts? Also I will do some updates on the ve table and see what you think, Where its at now Im not sure if using benfactors will work. Id imagine where is close is where I could modify it using the ben factor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also if I left the maf fail rpm to say 8000rpm the car would start and die instantly until I changed it down to where it is at now. It never says reduced power mode. So I'd assume I'm good to go

That log file looks a lot better than the previous one. The fueling is a lot closer, so you should just need to clean up the VVE where it's currently off.

Just remember, that BEN MAPs will only work if you have a large amount of data. You really want at least 30 min of log time, but 2 hrs on the road would be better. You also want to set up your filters to exclude all log data that will give bad readings (throttle movements, DFCO, warm up cycles, etc ).

For your tune though, I'djust highlight the log data that you want to work on, and then go to the tune file and work on those cells directly. I wouldn't use the BEN MAP.

Simon.

OK I'll give it a shot, I would like to do logs that long but for some reason itll throw an error if I log to long and will freeze up the scan software until I reboot. Not sure why everything is updated as far as software and the computer is only maybe 4 years old tops

I've made a few changes, I'll post the tune and log tomorrow. I've also turned up the maximum number of frames being logged. Am I supposed to generate the vve than the coeffs or vice versa because I've been generating the coeffs first?

The filters I have are for tp changing < 5%, ect > or equal to 180 , iat < or equal to 95°f, and afr set to 14.3 or less

Now when I apply the changes do I need to still go around the dips and spikes and add or subtract x amount of percent to smooth it out manually before generating?

How picky can I be for the ve, within 3%?

Given how close the VVE is now, I'd do this.

1. Open the log file and on one chart, have commanded AFR and WB AFR.
    2. Set the chart properties so that the range for both commanded AFR and WB AFR are minimum 10:1, maximum 15:1
      This will let you see really quickly where the measured AFR differs from commanded. Basically anywhere the two traces do not overlay.
    3. Set and apply your filters to exclude unwanted data ( for your current tune, probably just where the throttle is moving too much).
    4. View the whole log to get a "feel" for the fueling. Take mental notes on where it looks rich or lean. I'd start with lean as that's where the VVE is farthest out.
    5. Highlight a section where the measured AFR is leaner than the commanded, and note roughly by how much. The two main area's I see are light cruise, where it's nearly 2 points lean, and WOT higher RPM where it's a bit less. Maybe star with lean cruise, so find a section that shows lean and highlight that.
    6. Go to the VVE in tune tool hit F2 to bring up the VVE Graph and table. Look for the highlighted area in the table that indicates the section selected in scan tool. Select those cells on the VVE so you get a "block" of cells to adjust. Do a "best fit" selection, you can miss some random cells as well as include some extra to fill in gaps.
    7. In the adjustment value box and enter 0.5, as you are working on the lean sections. If you were rich, you'd enter -0.5. Then hit the "%" button (or F11) to apply the adjustment on those cells.
    8. Then make a new selection on the VVE table that is one cell bigger than the last. Hit "%" (F11) again, once.
    9. Move to the next section scan tool and repeat the adjustments. NOTE: Don't adjust cells you have already changed. If any ranges overlap with cells that have already been changed, exclude those cells when making the selections in Tune Tool.
    10. When you made all the changes you want, generate the coefficients and save the file. Do not regenerate the VVE and keep tuning. Only perform a single VVE generation between log sessions, otherwise you may introduce additional unwanted changes.
    11. load up the new tune and go logging.

Regarding your logging for extended times, you really should set up BBL. When on the street, BBL is the best option for longer logging sessions

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast