Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vve map/rpm boundaries 2010 ls3 cammed camaro

Default vve map/rpm boundaries 2010 ls3 cammed camaro

Any help determining what these values should be based on a log or two? I first set it as swingtans tutorial. But its shaped oddly and I don't think I'll get it correct as its way off the way it is after multiple corrections using wideband Ben factors.. Thoughts or any pointers on setting it up? I will be using the maf as well when finished and probably just stfts for corrections.

First: VVE MAP and RPM boundaries should be set so that common running conditions fall as close to the centre of a zone as possible. IE. Idle, cruise, acceleration, WOT should be as far away from zone boundaries as possible

Second: A zone can only curve in one direction, concave or convex. You cannot create a "wave" shape in a single zone. So set the boundaries to the points where the curve changes.

You probably won't get a perfect fit, but you should be able to get very close.

Simon.

Gotcha, as far as map boundaries go, I take it since I have the bigger cam I'll have change that mainly at the first rpm section due to vaccum loss? Or make it flatter since in ex under 1000 rpm is idle region and around 60kpa in my logs

I'm not sure what you mean by "flatter", the zone boundaries them self don;t set the shape of the VVE, only where the shape can change direction.

So for Idle, say your idle speed is 800RPM and the MAP at normal warm idle is 50kPA, you'd set up the zone so that this point was close to the centre of the zone. Same goes for cruise speeds, Maybe it's 1500 RPM and 35kPA, make sure that's close to the centre of a zone.

To be honest though, you don't "have" to change the zone boundaries at all. It's more of a fine tuning exercise.

Ok, so with some time into looking at logs I should be able to get this sorted out pretty close. In your tutorial you set the ramp in/out rates for pe to 0.1. I have mine set to this but isn't that essentially slower. I know for units it says factor but I'm not sure just what that's going off of?

I'm getting frustrated with this. I have lean and rich dips all over and as soon as I generate the vve it tames it down so I guess there is no point in using a Ben factor but rather use it as a reference where to add and subtract fuel? If I post a log or two and a current tune, any pointers or tips?

Post your files, we'll try.,,.

Cool, I'll get some posted in the morning, thanks!

I ve made an updated tune, just never logged it. Its also strange why the car isn't running at the commanded base timing for idle. Yet with the maf enabled it seems to be after I average it out based on spark correction. Also WOT is only like 60%ish instead of the 83% that it normally is with the maf enabled. I believe I have everything set to the way swingtan demonstrates in the tutorial besides rpm and map zone boundaries.. I did recently change them around alittle to try to better center the zones like talked about above.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast