Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 CMD Cab/Chassis "Transfer Suspended"...what to do?

Unhappy 2010 CMD Cab/Chassis "Transfer Suspended"...what to do?

FlashScanV2. been working with a 2010 cab/chassis truck (wrecker)..as of now its 182,835 miles....been receiving tunes from a known diesel tuner. the last tune had some DEF DTC's still enabled, so we got ahold of him to ask him to send a new one. Wrote the patch to the ECM..( I had also been told that you didn't have to patch every time. BUT if I didn't patch and just tried to write the tune, it would say "Controller Device Mismatch".) anywho...wrote the patch, and then started the actual tune write..it went normal and then right where it would finish up and sound off the chime, instead of saying "Script finished successfully" it said "Transfer Suspended"... after that its been a no-start. We cant figure it out, we don't really mess with the new stuff usually. More of the Duramax stuff. but this truck has been a pain...ANY help would be appreciated.. even if its just people confirming if the ECM is junked..thanks for reading. Everything is up to date BTW. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image000000.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	18576

It is my understanding on the 2010-2012 once the ecm is patched then it is permanently patched, same as when you unlock the 13-15 with the GT Tuner/unlock cable or the Fleece method.

So it should have been just a full flash.

Good Luck, let us know how you make out
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Without the anti-tuning patch applied all that will happen is at the END of the flash the ECM will throw an error saying the tune has not been accepted. Once the patch is done once it is done for good, it doesn't undo itself.
    The transfer suspended unfortunately is a bit of a generic error the ECM sends back, it could come from some other aftermarket module on the CAN bus interrupting the reflash process constantly, or as we've seen a couple of times people trying to flash the wrong sort of ECM file in (eg, flashing a 6.7L tune in to a 5.9).
    I would attempt to flash the trucks stock tune back in (or one you know worked ok), if that works but the modified tune keeps failing then there might be an issue with that tune.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Without the anti-tuning patch applied all that will happen is at the END of the flash the ECM will throw an error saying the tune has not been accepted. Once the patch is done once it is done for good, it doesn't undo itself.
    The transfer suspended unfortunately is a bit of a generic error the ECM sends back, it could come from some other aftermarket module on the CAN bus interrupting the reflash process constantly, or as we've seen a couple of times people trying to flash the wrong sort of ECM file in (eg, flashing a 6.7L tune in to a 5.9).
    I would attempt to flash the trucks stock tune back in (or one you know worked ok), if that works but the modified tune keeps failing then there might be an issue with that tune.
    I have flashed probably 4 different tunes in it and every time I had to flash the patch before the tune...if not it would just say controller device mismatch. I wasn't compiling the tunes myself I was getting them emailed to me by another person so maybe that had something to do with it

I will try an older tune that I know works. Will have result a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SWGperformance View Post
    I will try an older tune that I know works. Will have result a little bit.
    ok so I flashed the tune that was in it for about 12k miles.. it worked, started up fine. funny thing is that when I made this thread, it wouldn't even take that tune. so I tried a different USB cable and it worked. im thinking it could be a junk usb cable, if it is, im going to slap myself in the face. gonna try the newest tune, also.. I had to patch before writing the tune, so this has me wondering why everyone else says you only have to patch once. for me it wont even begin to flash the tune if it isn't patched.

ok so I tried the latest tune and I didn't have to patch, but it still said Transfer Suspended. so I tried to flash an older tune without writing the patch and it wouldn't write..so I had to write the patch again and now im gonna try to put an old tune back in it once again.

the old tune wrote just fine. truck runs just fine, it must be the tune I received.

Please don't waste your time reflashing the patch file, it only needs to be done once. The 'patch' only comes in to effect at the very end of any flash once performed. If your flashes are failing at the start, mid way etc it has nothing to do with the ECM being patched or not. I think there is an issue with the specific tune you are trying to put in.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have to flash the patch before writing the tunes, if not, it says Error: Controller Device Mismatch...that's for ANY tune that I have done on a CMD... it does it before it even starts to write when its checking all of the info. and then I will write the patch and It will display the VIN and Serial #, But the Transfer Suspended thing was from that specific tune file, no idea why it was doing it but I emailed the guy about it.
    Last edited by SWGperformance; June 29th, 2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast