Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM2200 bench harness pinout

Just to clarify, the 12v+ switched power (pin 70 & 71) is from the same power supply as the constant 12v+ just with the ability to cycle those pins on/off while pins 3&5 have constant power?

Yes correct, the +12V is from the same source with 70 & 71 just switchable.

I have a proper Cummins connector for our bench set up but I quickly hooked this up just to show you the connection areas, this works.

Black = GND
    Red = Batt +12V (the one next to black)
    Pink and Light red wires = +12V switched
    Purple = CAN +
    Green = CAN -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CM2200_Bench.jpg 
Views:	1487 
Size:	1,020.4 KB 
ID:	22430
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That's exactly how I did it when the following wasn't working. I originally did it by making an OBD11 connector (pin 4,5 ground)( pin 6 CAN+ pin 14 CAN-) (pin 16 12v+ constant) Plugging that into the V2. Then connecting the OBD11 output wires to the correct pins on connector 130 on the actual wiring harness which ends up on the 76 pin grey connector. Then pins 70 and 71 switched 12+ through the same 130 connector. Then when that wasn't working I did exactly as you showed me in the picture. I also checked resistance of pins 18 & 35 first at the ECM and then at the OBD11 and it was 120.8. I'm beginning to conclude that the ECM is bad since you have verified that my wiring appears to be correct. I originally read your post about a year ago when I was putting the pieces together for this project. I thought this will be easy to hook up........So is there any other way to wake this thing up since this way of connecting to it this isn't working?

Quote Originally Posted by s4door View Post
    I thought this will be easy to hook up........So is there any other way to wake this thing up since this way of connecting to it this isn't working?
    Well I can't think of anything else, if a few people have verified that those pinouts are working fine then you have to start to suspect the ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I took the ECM to a Cummins dealer today. They told me they would be able to flash it. When they looked at it and realized it was out of a Ram pickup the technician said he didn't have a connector to hook up to it. I texted the guy I bought this one from and he is going to switch this one with another one he has. I'll update when I get the other ECM. It make take a week or so before I get the replacement ECM. Thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it.

No problem, hopefully it was just the ECM.

Here's an update: I bought another 2010 ECM from a salvage yard that was supposed to have been from a pickup, it arrived yesterday. I hooked it up and EFILive and found it the first time I tried. Problem is the current calibration is for a 2011.5 6.7 Cummins Auto DD Cab & Chassis. I called my local dealer and gave them the VIN # that was on the EFILIve calibration read and they confirmed that the ECM was from, or at least has a Cab & Chassis calibration on it. Am I able to overwrite with a pickup calibration? This is not going into a Ram truck. Motor will be run standalone in a 92 F350 pickup. No TIPM, SKIM, ect will be hooked up to this ECM. I also want to use a manual calibration as I will be putting an Allison 1000 6spd behind this motor. The Allison currently works standalone in the same truck behind a VE 12V 5.9

Yes you can put in whatever you want with these ECM's, if you want to overwrite the C&C tune with a pick-up tune that isn't an issue.
    See here for tune files:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...k-tune-library

That's good news. I wanted to make sure. Thanks for the quick reply and the link.

I flashed the controller with this file: 103510030BF from the link. It completed the flash successfully. After doing the flash, I can no longer open ANY of the 2010-2011 tunes that I downloaded from the link. I get the "Unrecognized PCM Error" I confirmed all versions and the V2 are updated. I even uninstalled and downloaded from your site the latest versions and reinstalled. This did not help. I also tried flashing 11300130AG to see if a different file would help. No change. I can load my Allison tunes, but no Cummins tunes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast