Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM2200 bench harness pinout

Correction on "I can no longer open ANY of the 2010-2011 tunes that I downloaded from the link." I kept trying to open tunes (calibration files) and finally found some that would open. I assumed that since the link to the tunes was from EFILive, that all the tunes (calibration files) were already calibrated to be able to be opened up and modified. I will reflash my controller with one that I know can be opened by V7.5. Sorry for the confusion caused by my inexperience.

Actually it is possible some of those files are not supported for editing. Certainly they should all load up in V8 to be flashed and the reason for that is sometimes people want to roll back to a specific update.
    Because of the time taken to map these OS's out not every release is supported, we try to ensure that the latest OEM updates are fully supported but we don't go back to cover older OS's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I am posting this to this thread but with a different issue now, but I am wondering if the two are connected. As an update to the above replies, I was able to bench flash this controller with a manual calibration from the tune depot site. I installed the motor into the vehicle and the truck ran and drove. I then tried to re-flash the controller with an edited tune and the following happened: On the screen it would say:

Checking data file....
    Unlocking: Trying MFG key...
    Serial :000000007753
    Block 1 start:
    Erasing: Wait...
    Please: Wait...
    Script exited with code $0101: No data received

Once this happened I was no longer able to establish communication with the controller. I then proceeded to try to re-flash with no success. I contacted a professional tuner to buy a CSP5 tune from him. I set my v2 up with the calibration settings needed for a csp5 setup. As I waited for the tunes to arrive via email, I took the original calibration that originally was saved as my base stock tune, converted it to the csp5 version, formatted the V2 then re configured the V2 with that file. I was then able to successfully re-flash the controller and the truck ran again. I then received my professionally prepared CSP5 tunes and when I attempted to do a full flash of that tune, I got the same exact error as described above. Now I am unable to connect and re-flash this controller. I tried replacing the USB cable, rebooting the computer, using a different computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no success. I have only used my V2 on a standalone Allison T40 tcm and this 2010 CM2200 controller. This summer my transmission needed a reflash while I was stuck on the road. My laptop was plugged into an inverter as a last resort to try to get teh truck operating again. I was able to reprogram my TCM everything seemed fine and I thought nothing more of it. Up until this instance my V2 has worked fine after the time I had to use it when my laptop was plugged into an inverter. Did that ruin my V2? The V2 will still communicate fine with my Allison T40 TCM. This CM2200 setup is a standalone setup not in a Dodge. I have basic power, grounds, ignition and CAN+ and CAN- wires setup for operating. When the first flash failed and I was able to re-flash, the truck ran fine. Now I can't get the full flash procedure to go any farther than as described above. I would believe that the V2 is establishing some communication with the controller if it is getting to the process of Erasing Block 1 and then failing. I have ran the USB tests on the V2 unit and it passes those tests. As of now the CM2200 controller appears to be connecting to the V2 but I am unable to complete a flash on it because of the $0101: NO DATA RECEIVED error. Any suggestions would be great.

I have a question for you, how did you eliminate the 'SKIM'?

Quote Originally Posted by derkscustomcars View Post
    I have a question for you, how did you eliminate the 'SKIM'?
    I only used the CM2200 ECM for my install. The SKIM is an added module that the factory uses as a security measure to keep the truck from running. I took the pinouts of the ECM and wired relays to activate the needed functions to make the motor run. The TIPM on a factory setup is where all of the data and signals are sent to the ECM. For example the key on position and foot on the brake are signals that a body control module is looking for to send information to the ECM to allow the starter to work. If you know the final destination of the signal that would be coming from the TIPM to the ECM you just wire in a relay for that function. The ECM doesn't know the difference. It is simply looking for the signal for it to function. You don't need anything but the ECM and properly wired relays to the ECM to make the engine run. If you are trying to use all of the factory modules that will be a little harder to make work. I'll help anyway I can if you have any further questions.

Awesome, thanks a lot, i'll do some digging in my diagrams and try some things when the time comes
    Thanks,

Matt Derks

www.derkscustomcars.com

Quote Originally Posted by derkscustomcars View Post
    Awesome, thanks a lot, i'll do some digging in my diagrams and try some things when the time comes
    Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions once you start getting into it

s4door
    i have a cm2200 in standalone configuration. im having a issue where it starts up then 3 seconds later it shuts back off. there there anything in the tune causing this?

I just invested in this new software and J2534 pass through programmer, I can turn of the skim in most cases
    Thanks,

Matt Derks

www.derkscustomcars.com

I started a new thread today since what you are asking is beyond what this original thread was started for. Repost your question on that thread I just started. More people will see it there instead of at the end of this old thread. I'll reply through the new thread. Anymore specifics would be helpful in trying to figure out your problem. I'll be glad to help anyway I can.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast