Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

I don't know what the difference between PLX and the OBDLINK really is. They don't really release their documentation publicly and I never bothered to ask for it.

The obdlink stuff uses their own chip which is basically the standard elm327 but with some extra features. Alot of it just quality of life stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Yeah me and Jason can beta up this bitch for the obdlink :-)
    Well like I said, it can't see the wild until all the legals are done anyway. But it will be interesting to know if it connects and works though, if it doesn't it won't get fixed until the app is out and we have some feed back on other issues that might need to be resolved.

With the apple stuff, does the app need to go through the apple store and get approved and then a charge added for it.
    We will have to do the same for the Google Play Store, we aren't going to send out an .apk file to everyone. But as we are only asking for BT permission it shouldn't be too bad to get approval.
    By the way, there is no iOS version, this is Android only at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    I don't know what the difference between PLX and the OBDLINK really is. They don't really release their documentation publicly and I never bothered to ask for it.
    The obdlink stuff uses their own chip which is basically the standard elm327 but with some extra features. Alot of it just quality of life stuff.
    Yes that seems to be the case, hopefully we haven't tied ourselves in to PLX's quality of life
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

How hard would it be to add the timing calculator function for the E98? I'm trying to come up with a spreadsheet for my own playing but im a little lost on the math calculations for the moment. (still investigating)

At the moment there is a lot going on so I don't want to pressure Paul to revisit it with the E98 in V7.
    The original spreadsheets that were done for the early Duramax might shed some light on what needs to be done.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yeah sorry guys but V7.5 won't be getting the switching info put in it. We also planned on doing tune switching for the Cummins ECM from V8 scan as well. The switching systems aren't basic CAN messages, there is a bit involved and because of this the messaging format requires too much coding in V7 to do it.

Although this will be no good in a dyno situation we hope this new switching method we've been working on for the E98 will be a nice addition.

Hey! I didn't think I was allowed to talk about this yet?? Cats well out of the bag reading this thread!

I flashed in the DSP4 OS this morning on my my17, everything works ok but i did notice that my last Km's since regen had jumped upto 58** km's. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to hopefully see if it resets.

Amazing difference flipping from stock to tuned calibration on the fly while driving. goes from doughy/laggy to very responsive instantly.
    it is a great innovation for sure...really set the mind running when we first messed with it 12 months or so ago.

https://www.facebook.com/50051442330...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by HOWQUICK View Post
    it is a great innovation for sure...really set the mind running when we first messed with it 12 months or so ago.

https://www.facebook.com/50051442330...type=3&theater
    Slightly off topic, but i used my colorado to race on friday after i snapped tailshaft in drag car... During trophy presentation I had a guy ask me about tunes for a toyota hilux so i gave him your details. I believe your doing them now?

Slightly off topic, but i used my colorado to race on friday after i snapped tailshaft in drag car... During trophy presentation I had a guy ask me about tunes for a toyota hilux so i gave him your details. I believe your doing them now?
    yes we are onto those bigtime. They are neat and a light tray back becomes a weapon with the ECU untied! Bit like the Collies...good power to be had there with the right thinking. Hard thing for petrol tuners is to stop thinking like petrol tuners! L70s blow me away with how grumpy they get also...but king of the road? In this country anyhow using all oem...L200 Landcruiser by a long way. Nothing like rolling off a corner with the twin turbs spooled!

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    I don't know what the difference between PLX and the OBDLINK really is.
    Apparently not much, the OBDLink has been tested as working with the app with no changes at all which is good news for those that already own one.

Score!

When the app is released will it be a free or purchase app.

I can understand if there this a price to it.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast