Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

I'll ask but that was a contracted job which has been completed, so that means any new features we have to pull out the credit card
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Oh god. Let me just tell you maintaining states, with android, on orientation changes, is extremely annoying. You are pretty much restarting the entire app.

I will happily chip in some dollars to get it done if need be.

*removed my request about egt info as i figured it out
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; May 17th, 2017 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipesy View Post
    Oh god. Let me just tell you maintaining states, with android, on orientation changes, is extremely annoying. You are pretty much restarting the entire app.
    Well then that probably answers the question before I even ask it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The PID issue is fixed and will be rolled out in the next update.
    The VGT tables (I also just added a couple more) will only be in the US vehicles at this stage. The Aus and USA cals are vastly different including table sizes, after spending hours and hours on the damn Aus OS's looking for the same tables I had to walk away half way through before my head exploded in frustration, I'll revist at some stage.
    Just a small bump, that i'd still like to get the VGT tables for Aus Colorado's for EGR On/Off when you get time.

More importantly I'd like to get the injection timing adder maps based on ECT/IAT added in. When cold there is a table/map adding additional timing to the main injection maps that fades away by around 30'C. It can kinda be worked around by editing the max inj map.

Also if we do get the above tables etc, does the DSP4 tune have it's own tables for each mode or is there just 1 base table & the DSP OS only switches\changes to the available tables we see in the editor for each mode? (make sense?)
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; May 17th, 2017 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Just a small bump, that i'd still like to get the VGT tables for Aus Colorado's for EGR On/Off when you get time.

More importantly I'd like to get the injection timing maps based on ECT added in. When cold there is a table/map adding additional timing to the main injection maps that fades away by around 60'C.
    I did spend a whole day on that not long after you asked but ended up getting very frustrated not getting far and moved on in annoyance, sorry just haven't got back to it.

Also if we do get the above tables etc, does the DSP4 tune have it's own tables for each mode or is there just 1 base table & the DSP OS only switches\changes to the available tables we see in the editor for each mode? (make sense?)
    What you see is what you get, they are the only tables that change when you switch tunes.

I did spend a whole day on that not long after you asked but ended up getting very frustrated not getting far and moved on in annoyance, sorry just haven't got back to it.
    I know you got frustrated with it, which is why i hadn't asked for a while. lol It's one of those things that i can still technically play around with using my other cable, just means i need to do a full flash back to the factory os from dsp4. I do recall playing around with those tables long ago and did get the idle "rumble" Jason was talking about, so they do, do something.

What reminded me again was a thread on a colorado forum Jason had mentioned about doing egr deletes for the yank e98 that he recommends copying the egr off tables to EGR on, as it seems that when unplugged the ecu defaults to the ON map.

I think when i was playing with hpt i had already done that, but I'm certain i flashed back in an original un-molested file with efi before i did the dsp upgrade just so i didnt carry over any oddities from them.

What you see is what you get, they are the only tables that change when you switch tunes.
    I can live with that, just means that any additional tables are a master to all the switching modes. Or is there room/capability to add them to each individual mode. From what your describing that would be a no, since you'd have to redevelop the COS?

Lifetime Member

Or is there room/capability to add them to each individual mode. From what your describing that would be a no, since you'd have to redevelop the COS?
    +1
    I would also like to know if/when we can expect to see the tables you recently added to the USA e98 get added to DSP4.. I would love to have the ability to switch between a rumbling idle and a whistling idle. If you have one on 5% vgt and the other on 95% one could throttle up a hair using the dsp4 app, and switch between the two to exercise the vanes and "clean" the turbo...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Well then that probably answers the question before I even ask it.
    In theory you could just shove all the critical code in a fragment. Cause they are sort of immune to this stuff. Kind of. Not really. Sort of.

The Google devs were just a little drunk when they made fragments....

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    I would also like to know if/when we can expect to see the tables you recently added to the USA e98 get added to DSP4..
    There will be no changes to what is in the DSP4 switched tables, to do so would mean starting from scratch and that isn't going to happen sorry.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast