Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

Default EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

EFILive is pleased announce the first PC based tuner for 2014+ 2.8L Duramax (LWN).

The 2.8L Duramax using the E98 ECM is due for North American release in the coming months in vehicles such as the Colorado and Trailblazer, but has already been in use on a range of worldwide applications since 2014 including the Holden Colorado and European Opel and Vauxhall 1.6L CDTi vehicles.

Full announcement details, including software pictures and our dyno graph that delivered HUGE gains over stock tuning can be found on our website or in our newsletter. http://www.efilive.com/latest/2014-2...8-ecm-support/

Cheers
    The EFILive Development Team

how about a factory stock file available? these were also available sooner than 2014 in europe i worked on the program when i worked for gm along with the 15/16 duramaxs

We have not released the .calz (mapping files) yet so a stock tune won't do much for the moment. The latest release that was posted does have the ability to read the E98 so people can hopefully send in some of the European car tunes and we can begin mapping those, the 2014+ 2.8L Duramax is covered off. If you are in Europe and have access to any of the 1.6L CDTi cars it would be great if you could get some reads from them.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Are you going to give us EGR control maps on the MY14+ 2.8L Duramax? Obviously the DTC's are there but control over the valve would be good. I know it's technically illegal for road use, this is for off road lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hrthsv View Post
    Are you going to give us EGR control maps on the MY14+ 2.8L Duramax? Obviously the DTC's are there but control over the valve would be good. I know it's technically illegal for road use, this is for off road lol.
    Could you share your stock read?

Thanks
    Mike

We have not looked at EGR controls and by the sound of it you don't want to actually control it right, rather keep the ECM happy if it is removed?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We have not looked at EGR controls and by the sound of it you don't want to actually control it right, rather keep the ECM happy if it is removed?
    I would like to be able to close it in the software table and then turn off the DTC's which apply. It makes a difference to response keeps the intake clean and is worth .5L/100 when it was turned off on my 2013 Colorado. In the Bosch ECU in the 2012 to 13 model the EGR valve is open at all times to some degree unless you are at 100% throttle.
    Last edited by hrthsv; September 5th, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hrthsv View Post
    I would like to be able to close it in the software table and then turn off the DTC's which apply. It makes a difference to response keeps the intake clean and is worth .5L/100 when it was turned off on my 2013 Colorado. In the Bosch ECU in the 2012 to 13 model the EGR valve is open at all times to some degree unless you are at 100% throttle.
    Hi there a little bit off subject but is the 2012/2013 Colorado able to be tuned with efi live?

I would prefer to have EGR control (flow, valve limits, actuator curve, temps, etc.) included if at all possible in the calz files. Also IAFV params while I'm at it.

We aim to pursue tuning these emissions equipped as soon it shows up at the dealer.

Thanks,
    Nick

Nick, timing will be the key here, I will try to figure out EGR tables for the local Colorado's to get some idea on functionality, but as the US version is not released yet I can't give any firm answer to when they might be done. I soon go away on vacation for a while.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast