Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Lifetime Member

Also, do you guys have egr on your engines as well? I also see that in the wiring diagrams from the gm website

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    Also, do you guys have egr on your engines as well? I also see that in the wiring diagrams from the gm website

Apparently up until the my17 models they did not have a dpf. Mine is a 17 and now has it.

Luckily for me I think i can do & i have already a write entire of the my16 os/cal. but it had some weird throttle lag from a stop.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Apparently up until the my17 models they did not have a dpf. Mine is a 17 and now has it.

Luckily for me I think i can do & i have already a write entire of the my16 os/cal. but it had some weird throttle lag from a stop.
    That throttle lag is in your torque limiting tables... In the USA one table number is B5100 Torque Limit By RPM... For me, I took those values and maxed them out to 886... HUGE improvement... There was a lot of lag built into the tune by gm in the USA... The table where off idle lag is on my ecm is B5103torque limit by RPM and Coolant Temp.. There were torque numbers as low as 239 ft lb@600rpm@176

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    So with the 17 models in Aus. What would you expect to be in the code somewhere for the dpf, seeing as it's the same OS & Calibration between the non-dpf 16 models?

A switch state or option in the code?
    Yes something like that, but there might be several of them to turn off all functions....a one byte needle in a 4Mb haystack
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes something like that, but there might be several of them to turn off all functions....a one byte needle in a 4Mb haystack
    Good programming joke there Ross...haha
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not a needle in a stack of needles?

No... As previously stated, its sort of in a broken state right now... Hpt does not have delete params... It does have the ability to turn codes off, but nothing beyond that... I meant broken as in being stuck in perpetual filter cleaning. It isn't actually cleaning the filter, it just thinks it is. I am locked out of my DIC because of that message.. I need that ability because otherwise that fancy DIC they put in these trucks is worthless... I can't see instant mpg, or historic average mpg, oil pressure, tire pressure, nothing... And it is constantly chiming at me to let me know to keep driving so it can clean a filter that isn't there... I understand the perspective of being in compliance with the epa and what not.. But the epa is for us to worry about, and as you can see, we the people are still doing what we were going to do anyway. Its just that there isn't a really solid way to do it.. There or some that have had great success and there are a handful of us here that are stuck with these cleaning messages... I decided not to invest the time, money, or any other resources of my own to investigate the real solution. Having done research it seems a little bit out of my league. But I know there are people with the brains, time, and money to get these broken trucks fixed. In the meantime, I just have to hope it comes sooner than later. I could care less about the warranty, I'm a diesel technician. I also live in a state where we don't have sniffers... Our local island air quality test sites indicate that our air is of sufficient quality that we don't smog here...

My truck does the same thing from time to time. My guess is it comes up based on miles. Kinda like the maintenance burn that Ross suggested. Be nice if we had the ability to kill that CAN message cause even though it isn't actually regening it does make the DIC useless until next key cylce.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    My truck does the same thing from time to time. My guess is it comes up based on miles. Kinda like the maintenance burn that Ross suggested. Be nice if we had the ability to kill that CAN message cause even though it isn't actually regening it does make the DIC useless until next key cylce.
    Are you in the states or AUS?

Are you in the states or AUS?

We are in the states.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    We are in the states.
    Word... I can't figure out why either... Some of us have had good results... Others are stuck where we are now

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast