Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    There will be no changes to what is in the DSP4 switched tables, to do so would mean starting from scratch and that isn't going to happen sorry.
    Boo
    So the desired boost table, is in there as a switchable table. But the tables that actually command the boost, are not and won't be... Hmm...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

So as easy as it was to add the tables that you did previously, isn't just as easy to add to DSP without "starting" from scratch? Did you have to "start from scratch" to add the last tables?

Lifetime Member

So basically what you're saying is you will be further developing the base non DSP calibration definitions, but dsp4, your own child, will be ignored moving forward? After weeks upon weeks of asking for the last tables they were so easy for you to materialize in the form of a cal def file that's being emailed around. But now you guys have to start from scratch to add those tables to DSP4? Hmm

Shoot I even downloaded the beta, pulled the cal def out of it and retro installed it into my last stable release to get the min and max tables that release doesn't have.

Last edited by hacklerjason; May 15th, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    isn't just as easy to add to DSP without "starting" from scratch? Did you have to "start from scratch" to add the last tables?
    No it is not 'easy' to just add another table, far from it. It would be like adding a garage in the middle of a two story house. If it was there to begin with when it was being built then it is 'easy', to do so after is very difficult.

So basically what you're saying is you will be further developing the base non DSP calibration definitions, but dsp4, your own child, will be ignored moving forward?
    Yes our FREE custom OS's will no longer be getting enhanced, sorry they did not meet your expectation.

But now you guys have to start from scratch to add those tables to DSP4? Hmm
    Your own programming experience would be??? To be able to judge me and if I have made a poor decision?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

As a BETA tester since the beginning on the diesels the ecm has limited room for these COS, given that these are BETA tested, the final combination of the COS-TABLES is a compromise based on what is perceived as needed and what will actually work within the allowable space in the controller.

Ross does his best to accommodate the reasons why the testers want what they want, beyond that it usually gets no revisions or changes once tested/released.

Its the way its always worked, since the beginning.

There are things that I could say could be improved in anything, but for the most part its better than any single OS.

Working in hex sucks, and working across all these controllers sucks, I know how hard it is to find stuff, let alone write a custom OS.

Hope that helps you guys understand, since 2005 I have been a part of the testing until recent changes making BETA public and not a controlled group
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No it is not 'easy' to just add another table, far from it. It would be like adding a garage in the middle of a two story house. If it was there to begin with when it was being built then it is 'easy', to do so after is very difficult.

Yes our FREE custom OS's will no longer be getting enhanced, sorry they did not meet your expectation.

Your own programming experience would be??? To be able to judge me and if I have made a poor decision?
    Oh no you guys know the ins an outs... But don't sit there and tell me it was free, I paid the entire price of EFILive not because I own a shop, because I don't; not because I tune trucks for a living, because I dont. I bought EFILive with one very specific purpose. And with that, my dsp4 custom OS costed $899 USD... So I've paid my dues just like everyone else who has purchased the full v2...

Last edited by hacklerjason; May 15th, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    As a BETA tester since the beginning on the diesels the ecm has limited room for these COS, given that these are BETA tested, the final combination of the COS-TABLES is a compromise based on what is perceived as needed and what will actually work within the allowable space in the controller.

Ross does his best to accommodate the reasons why the testers want what they want, beyond that it usually gets no revisions or changes once tested/released.

Its the way its always worked, since the beginning.

There are things that I could say could be improved in anything, but for the most part its better than any single OS.

Working in hex sucks, and working across all these controllers sucks, I know how hard it is to find stuff, let alone write a custom OS.

Hope that helps you guys understand, since 2005 I have been a part of the testing until recent changes making BETA public and not a controlled group
    The only part I wanted to be clear, was that they already found the tables as evidenced by them adding it to current releases

Your insight explains why new tables take so long to add, which I understand. But those requests went weeks between follow-ups at times. This one was a request to add a table that was already discovered and coded into current software. Again I'm not a developer by any means. I just don't understand where that falls apart... I wouldn't exactly consider that the same as adding a 2 car garage to a two story house after it's built, but that's what you call it I guess that's what it is... I would think about it more like youre using an empty stall in the autostadt, but I'm being told that's not the case

Last edited by hacklerjason; May 15th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.

Oh no you guys know the ins an outs... But don't sit there and tell me it was free, I paid the entire price of EFILive not because I own a shop, because I don't; not because I tune trucks for a living, because I dont. I bought EFILive with one very specific purpose. And with that, my dsp4 custom OS costed $899 USD... So I've paid my dues just like everyone else who has purchased the full v2...

So do you go to GM after you bought the truck in its entirety and then complain it doesn't come with something that was never on the spec when you purchased??

No didn't think so! You bought EFILive with DSP4 as described. It does what it describes. What is the issue??? Oh they won't add in something YOU want? WOW~!

As a beta tester that worked with EFILive to give you the DSP4...move on bud. You have no idea what it takes. I find it rather insulting that you would attack the guys at EFILive the way you are. You have a first class product with industry leading features. There is on other product that offers you what EFILive does and still you want more and feel you deserve more. WOW!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by HOWQUICK View Post
    So do you go to GM after you bought the truck in its entirety and then complain it doesn't come with something that was never on the spec when you purchased??

No didn't think so! You bought EFILive with DSP4 as described. It does what it describes. What is the issue??? Oh they won't add in something YOU want? WOW~!

As a beta tester that worked with EFILive to give you the DSP4...move on bud. You have no idea what it takes. I find it rather insulting that you would attack the guys at EFILive the way you are. You have a first class product with industry leading features. There is on other product that offers you what EFILive does and still you want more and feel you deserve more. WOW!!
    Yes wow indeed sir! I didn't see any name calling, did you? Where would you say I attacked anybody? I'll wait...

Last edited by hacklerjason; May 15th, 2017 at 12:38 PM.

Lifetime Member

Anybody else wanna jump on the tails of the guy in front of you? The facts that you were beta testers really don't carry a lot of weight anyway... You tried software before anybody else could, yay! You risked your ECMs flashing with betas, pats on the back for everyone! Anything else you'd like to add to this no longer productive bash session?

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast