Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Ok, if you use the V8 scantool there is already PID's in there for the EGR temps.

EGRCTS1 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (Pre Cooler)"
    EGRCTS2 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (After Cooler)"

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

@GMPX how does one command gear holding for dyno pulls? I would like to get my first dyno run to see where im at once all my limiters were removed... I would like to make a 3rd gear as well as 4th gear pull... Maybe even 5th... I will need to command gear hold so it doesnt kick down when i lay into the throttle.. Can this be done?

EDIT:
    I found this feature in scan v7.5

So that question was answered by opening the legacy application... My next question... Does scan v8 have bi-directional control for e98 ecms? I do not see DVT in scan v8... Please advise

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Ok, if you use the V8 scantool there is already PID's in there for the EGR temps.

EGRCTS1 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (Pre Cooler)"
    EGRCTS2 - "EGR Cooler Temperature Sensor (After Cooler)"

Cheers,
    Ross
    I just looked, I cannot find that pid in any folders... Where are you seeing that? Generic, enhanced, or custom? My build is v8.2.2.303

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

Please see my pid list when searching for the param you listed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Capture.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	322.1 KB 
ID:	20271  

Lifetime Member

V8 doesnt have DVT yet, you'll need to use V7.5 for that currently.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    V8 doesnt have DVT yet, you'll need to use V7.5 for that currently.
    I figured... But the e98 doesn't show up as an option in v7.5.. How do we get around that?

Depends what function you want, we probably didn't design that DVT section very well (easy to say that in hindsight) because the commands are actually common between controllers, so if you want to override Idle RPM on an E98 or an E39 you can actually use any CAN based controller in that list to do so.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Depends what function you want, we probably didn't design that DVT section very well (easy to say that in hindsight) because the commands are actually common between controllers, so if you want to override Idle RPM on an E98 or an E39 you can actually use any CAN based controller in that list to do so.
    I was able to perform cylinder cut tests with another ecm so that was really all I would need for the moment... How about those egrcts pids? I can't find those.. Do I need a specific version to access those? I'm on v8.2.2.203

Jason, with the gear hold stuff. can you not use the tutd on the us version? the Aus version will not upshift automatically in that mode as the speeds are too high for the gears.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Jason, with the gear hold stuff. can you not use the tutd on the us version? the Aus version will not upshift automatically in that mode as the speeds are too high for the gears.
    No... For a couple reasons... 1) we don't have a true TUTD mode... Its called electronic range select here... You can select the range, and it will upshift and downshift as it sees fit up to the gear you chose... I'm working on TUTD enabling on the side though... And 2) you can't stop the kickdown to the next lower gear due to throttle position... I wouldn't want to me making a pull, and it downshifts when I stomp the pedal.. Its not that I want it not to upshift, I want it to not downshift when it give it 100% TPS

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast