Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    tested on the beta. the TCBP shows 0 for me too.

I normally just log desired & sae.map. then i created my own calc pid to show the difference between actual & desired.
    I tried that and when you go to edit the the maths I get errors and it locks me out of that section until I quit all the way out if v8 and go back in.. Whats weird is that I can get boost readings out of the TCBVP in v7.5, but that same pid did nothing for me in v8 as well as bbx EDIT: I stand corrected, TCBVP does in fact show data... I was going to do like you did and create a math pid similar to the built in one called actboost.. Can admin please look into this?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hacklerjason; November 2nd, 2016 at 06:59 AM.

Lifetime Member

While logging this morning I noticed something in bbx scan... I found the PID that looks at boost, its TCBVP. Why does desired boost appear to include baro? The pid I'm asking about is TCDBPR... Its like that PID is showing Desired MAP, not boost... I attached the log with PIDs I'm speaking of in it

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hacklerjason; November 2nd, 2016 at 08:23 AM.

I would be keen to get some vane controls added too if possible. Ive got mine going well now with over 200rwhp.

Lifetime Member

I would be keen to get some vane controls added too if possible. Ive got mine going well now with over 200rwhp.
    You and I have open loop turbo vane controls already ;-) ... Oops

Last edited by hacklerjason; November 4th, 2016 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    While logging this morning I noticed something in bbx scan... I found the PID that looks at boost, its TCBVP.
    The description on that is misleading when I look at it, that should be boost gauge pressure (eg Boost sensor - Baro = TCBVP). That is the true boost value you would see on a mechanical boost gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    Why does desired boost appear to include baro?
    That I don't know, it's just how GM did it.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 4th, 2016 at 10:38 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

So is that confirmation that my thoughts are correct? It is NOT desired boost in actuality, but it is desired MAP? If yes and looking at my tables that reference boost pressure, do the referenced boost pressures line up with boost gauge pressure, or absolute?

Lifetime Member

A range of bug fixes in beta build 305 -307 should take care of your access violation, Calculated PID issues, and pass-thru logging issues.

Software and change log can be found here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/do...a-test-release

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    A range of bug fixes in beta build 305 -307 should take care of your access violation, Calculated PID issues, and pass-thru logging issues.

Software and change log can be found here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/do...a-test-release

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Cindy! Im a little skittish to do my flash events on a beta... I'm happy to know the issues were fixed... I hope the fixes shall be retained in the next stable release

I flashed in the DSP4 OS this morning on my my17, everything works ok but i did notice that my last Km's since regen had jumped upto 58** km's. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to hopefully see if it resets.

Amazing difference flipping from stock to tuned calibration on the fly while driving. goes from doughy/laggy to very responsive instantly.

Lifetime Member

I flashed in the DSP4 OS this morning on my my17, everything works ok but i did notice that my last Km's since regen had jumped upto 58** km's. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to hopefully see if it resets.

Amazing difference flipping from stock to tuned calibration on the fly while driving. goes from doughy/laggy to very responsive instantly.
    You know what though... Those timers are funny and mine has a bug as well

I agree on the DSP feature... I really like that for times when I valet... I have one map with power super limited

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hacklerjason; December 2nd, 2016 at 09:30 PM.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast