Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

If you have a tool and command a regen it should throw an error if it's disabled. Emphasis on should.

I dont think there is any tools available locally to do it except what the dealers might have. I'll ask a mate who works for a holden dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    If you put a 2016 tune in a 2017 model, it again will work fine and it'll never do a dpf regen.
    Can you just run with that then if the goal is to have them not do a regen or was there other oddities that popped up?

So now this brings me to my next question for Ross, as we dont have access to disable the dpf function.. but we can copy segments... do you think the switch will be in the system or engine segment?
    I have no idea where it could be 'if' there is even just a simple on/off switch. I suspect it will be a combination of things with diagnostic disables and core functions turned off in the engine calibrations too.

Or are the segments when copied only relevant to the tables that show up and it's not an actual block of code in the calibration?
    When a segment copy is done ALL the data of the segment is copied over, not just what is visible in EFILive.

I dont think there is any tools available locally to do it except what the dealers might have. I'll ask a mate who works for a holden dealership.
    If you use the EFILive V7 scantool and connect to the ECM as an E35B you should be able to perform the regen overrides (note, never tried it on an E98).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I know those options for the LMM don't work with the LML... And the LML mostly shares the same commands as the Colorado does here in the states. In fact pretty much all the post 2010 vehicles seem to share the exact same set of commands, even across the gas engines. It's just a matter of whether or not the command is enabled.
    Last edited by Snipesy; January 10th, 2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: with*

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Can you just run with that then if the goal is to have them not do a regen or was there other oddities that popped up?

I have no idea where it could be 'if' there is even just a simple on/off switch. I suspect it will be a combination of things with diagnostic disables and core functions turned off in the engine calibrations too.

When a segment copy is done ALL the data of the segment is copied over, not just what is visible in EFILive.

If you use the EFILive V7 scantool and connect to the ECM as an E35B you should be able to perform the regen overrides (note, never tried it on an E98).
    I didnt notice any oddities. But i know there are other tables different between the 2 in regards to boost control pid stuff, but i honestly dont think it makes any difference. In fact i had accidentally flashed the tune from my dads my16 colorado into mine and it took me a few days to realize as they drive exactly the same. haha.

The only reason i was thinking of being to copy the segment was to keep most of the 17 base tune there and keep the same pedal demand structure as i've got mine worked out really well. But if you can find the switch for the table mode then that would just be a bonus.

so i tried the e35b option and just got the red bar come up. so id' say thats a bust for a forced regen.

so i did a engine segment swap and will run that for this tank to see if does a regen. Strangely so far i've already noticed that even though my injection fuel map/request, timing & boost are the same between the 17 & 16 cals. the EGT's are nearly 50c cooler & I can't feel a difference while driving. the 16 does look like it actually runs the requested boost a lot better than the 17 that's for sure, so that would help keep the egt's down.

I'll see how it goes further into the week.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; January 16th, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

Lifetime Member

@tre-cool you know I have fixed regen issues on USA trucks right?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e98-boost.png 
Views:	230 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	20648

Attached is a screen shot of the difference between the 16 & 17 tunes in boost demand/actual.

The top is the 17 tune with the 16 engine segment. bottom is all 17. All boost demand/limits are identical between the tunes. I even tried playing around with turbo vane & pid stuff in hpt to no improvement.

It's some bizarre shit considering a simple flash with the 16 tune makes boost so much more responsive, not to mention a large drop in egt temps.

Couple of screen shots showing the differences between 16 & 17 EGT's at cruise speeds. Apart from slight boost differences all i can think of is the 17 must constantly run fuel through the dpf injector in the exhaust to maintain around 350c as even the factory tune sits around the same temp.

Name:	2016-tune-log.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	20675

Name:	2017-tune-log.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	20676

DPF Cleaning

Name:	2017-tune-log-dpf.png 
Views:	216 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	20677

Anyway i've had my fun trying figure out the dpf stuff & will hopefully have it removed this weekend, then i can run the 16 model engine segment full time as I gained close to 100km's on this tank running.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast