Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Lifetime Member

I am still not showing the PIDs for EGR temp in v8... I thought it was added to most recent release?

Missing PID EGRCTS1 and EGRCTS2

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hacklerjason; February 14th, 2017 at 09:12 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    I am still not showing the PID for EGR temp... I thought it was added to most recent release?

Missing PID EGRCTS1 and EGRCTS2

04Oct2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Right, I think that is indeed the problem, we may have populated the supported PID list from an export OS early on. I'll get this sorted for the next update (which should be this week).
    any word on this being added to this platform for the usa?
    Last edited by hacklerjason; February 14th, 2017 at 09:12 PM.

Lifetime Member

@cindy@efilive
    @gmpx
    Do any admins or devs watch this thread anymore? It would seem that you are very busy working on something major, which is great. But can you shine some light on my issues above please? It was supposed to be an easy change to add the egr cooler temps to the operating system for the usa e98. v7 has it but v8 does not...

Edit
    My end goal is to be able to add egrct1 and egrct2 to my v2 for bbx
    Last edited by hacklerjason; March 3rd, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

Sorry, we watch the threads but things sometimes get forgotten about (yeah ok, I'm disorganised too). I'll write it on a post it note now and make sure it is looked at on Monday.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Sorry, we watch the threads but things sometimes get forgotten about (yeah ok, I'm disorganised too). I'll write it on a post it note now and make sure it is looked at on Monday.
    Great! Thanks so much Ross!

Lifetime Member

Ross
    If you guys have the time, i know you are very busy... Would like to make table requests... I need six tables actually... The tables i need are "Open Loop Desired Turbo Vane Position - EGR On" & "Open Loop Desired Turbo Vane Position - EGR Off" in low, med, and hi altitudes please...

I have been using a work around, but it is very involved... I have to pull a fresh read with the other guys software, make the changed to those tables, full flash into the ecm, key cycle, pull a fresh read with efi, key cycle, and finally full flash with efi... If i do not use the efi final steps, there are bugs in the ecm... For some odd reason, once full flashed with the other guys software there are bugs in the tune despite both softwares showing the same checksums... But if i do a read then full flash that exact read back into the ecm, i dont have those problems... The tables above would facilitate not needing the other software

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by hacklerjason; March 3rd, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

Yeah that sounds like a mess to have to deal with
    I'll add it to the E98 post it note.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Yeah that sounds like a mess to have to deal with
    I'll add it to the E98 post it note.
    It's not quite as bad as it sounds like since there is currently a work around. The crappy part is that i want to put the other guys cables in a dark drawer and not see them again since it do sincerely believe EFI to be superior. I just need the other software for those tables specifically... one cannot make a rumble tune or whistle tune without it. Thanks ross

hacklerjason, I've added in what I think are the tables you mean. I've attached an updated .calz file for you to please see if these are the tables you needed, search for 'B0572' and it should take you to the six new ones.
    Just save the attached .calz file in to the folder:
    :\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E98

Please let me know either way.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

hacklerjason, I've added in what I think are the tables you mean. I've attached an updated .calz file for you to please see if these are the tables you needed, search for 'B0572' and it should take you to the six new ones.
    Just save the attached .calz file in to the folder:
    :\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E98

Please let me know either way.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thanks Ross! 2 questions... 1) If I update after the time of updating my calz file, will the calz update be retained in the new updates moving forward? And 2) does this include the pids for v8 scan and bbx?

Edit
    Confirmed to have the exact tables I was looking for and immediately upon opening I was able to see my rumble section!

Last edited by hacklerjason; March 5th, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast