Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Lifetime Member

Removed by me

Lifetime Member

To add, I would actually use it... I am using it now... I have two separate tunes that I would love to have switchable, but it "can't be done"... I'm pretty sure that was made crystal clear in previous posts requesting the feature

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hacklerjason; May 15th, 2017 at 01:37 PM.

hacklerjason, I am not the least bit surprised things ended up as they have, I won't quote using multiple responses and fill the pages up unnecessarily....

Post #258 - You said: "I would also like to know if/when we can expect to see the tables you recently added to the USA e98 get added to DSP4"

What gave you the impression we planned on expanding the table sets used in the switching to 'expect' this might happen?

Post #260 - I said: "There will be no changes to what is in the DSP4 switched tables, to do so would mean starting from scratch and that isn't going to happen sorry"

At that point I didn't feel it was necessary to give a detailed technical explanation as to why, but I did say it would mean we had to start from scratch which I would say most people would say to themselves, oh ok, a fair bit of work...but oh no...

Post #262 - You said: "So as easy as it was to add the tables that you did previously, isn't just as easy to add to DSP without "starting" from scratch? Did you have to "start from scratch" to add the last tables?"
    Post #263 - You said: "After weeks upon weeks of asking for the last tables they were so easy for you to materialize in the form of a cal def file that's being emailed around. But now you guys have to start from scratch to add those tables to DSP4?"

So at this point you are maybe suggesting my answer was false because it doesn't make sense to you how it would take so much more effort? You know, it was easy to add a few EXISTING factory tables in but you can't add brand new ones in to the code as well, how dumb is EFILive right? Can't be that hard can it you are thinking.

Post #264 - I said:
    "No it is not 'easy' to just add another table, far from it. It would be like adding a garage in the middle of a two story house. If it was there to begin with when it was being built then it is 'easy', to do so after is very difficult."

Trying to explain it in non technical terms that painted a picture of the enormity of the task to make it happen once everything else is built around it....but I don't think you got it at that point.

Post #272 - You said:
    "Finally somebody with real reasoning, aside from "no it's not gonna happen because I said so""

I tried to give an example that would have made sense to anyone reading no matter what their technical background, but you've taken that as 'because Ross just said no and I have to accept that'.
    Not sure what would have convinced you to begin with? A technical run down of the amount of spare space in the flash to add more code? A break down of how much space is left per tune in the calibrations area? Why should we have to post things like that for people to accept that the thing we designed cannot be expanded more than what it is without....
    A - Breaking compatibility with existing DSP configurations causing ongoing support issues for us and tuners.
    B - Requiring a lot of work rewriting the code as everything moves around once things are added.
    C - Going through an entire testing regime again.

Post #274 - You said: "To further that, I don't even use dsp4 haha"

Excellent, then not having those tables will not be an issue for you and the last three pages were intended to serve what purpose?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    hacklerjason, I am not the least bit surprised things ended up as they have, I won't quote using multiple responses and fill the pages up unnecessarily....

Post #258 - You said: "I would also like to know if/when we can expect to see the tables you recently added to the USA e98 get added to DSP4"

What gave you the impression we planned on expanding the table sets used in the switching to 'expect' this might happen?

Post #260 - I said: "There will be no changes to what is in the DSP4 switched tables, to do so would mean starting from scratch and that isn't going to happen sorry"

At that point I didn't feel it was necessary to give a detailed technical explanation as to why, but I did say it would mean we had to start from scratch which I would say most people would say to themselves, oh ok, a fair bit of work...but oh no...

Post #262 - You said: "So as easy as it was to add the tables that you did previously, isn't just as easy to add to DSP without "starting" from scratch? Did you have to "start from scratch" to add the last tables?"
    Post #263 - You said: "After weeks upon weeks of asking for the last tables they were so easy for you to materialize in the form of a cal def file that's being emailed around. But now you guys have to start from scratch to add those tables to DSP4?"

So at this point you are maybe suggesting my answer was false because it doesn't make sense to you how it would take so much more effort? You know, it was easy to add a few EXISTING factory tables in but you can't add brand new ones in to the code as well, how dumb is EFILive right? Can't be that hard can it you are thinking.

Post #264 - I said:
    "No it is not 'easy' to just add another table, far from it. It would be like adding a garage in the middle of a two story house. If it was there to begin with when it was being built then it is 'easy', to do so after is very difficult."

Trying to explain it in non technical terms that painted a picture of the enormity of the task to make it happen once everything else is built around it....but I don't think you got it at that point.

Post #272 - You said:
    "Finally somebody with real reasoning, aside from "no it's not gonna happen because I said so""

I tried to give an example that would have made sense to anyone reading no matter what their technical background, but you've taken that as 'because Ross just said no and I have to accept that'.
    Not sure what would have convinced you to begin with? A technical run down of the amount of spare space in the flash to add more code? A break down of how much space is left per tune in the calibrations area? Why should we have to post things like that for people to accept that the thing we designed cannot be expanded more than what it is without....
    A - Breaking compatibility with existing DSP configurations causing ongoing support issues for us and tuners.
    B - Requiring a lot of work rewriting the code as everything moves around once things are added.

Excellent, then not having those tables will not be an issue for you and the last three pages were intended to serve what purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    To further that, I don't even use dsp4 haha... I got everything I needed the software to do, done already... Everything else is cool browny point stuff... Again I did say it would be "nice" to do said stuff... But you guys want to puff your internet chests up, I get to ruffle your feathers with my keyboard... So while you guys are all salty, I'm laughing

Was at this point we realised what a unit this guy is...I reckon your answer Ross gives him far more than he deserves....

Who posts "I was just carrying on to piss you people off"? WOW!!

I have an enormous respect for what Ross and Paul do..........I too thought at first how "EASY" it must be to do these things, but its far from that.

I am not anywhere near the disassembly/reverse engineering and or programming skill set Ross or Paul has ( not even 1% of their skill sets ), in fact it's a miracle that I was able to find what little extra stuff I did, given that the code set is so overtly complicated, writing these custom instructions into the existing code by creating copies of existing tables in essence duplicating them, rewriting an existing used or un-used sensor input that will now direct the ecm to look "HERE" instead of "THERE" means writing actual ecm coding and having it all work with a click of a switch !!.

I used to get frustrated at times when tables were missing and things were not getting found or updated or changed fast enough, until I walked a mile in his shoes and realized how good we have it, and how much we actually have, even at times if we want more it is what it is.

Anyone who did not BETA Test or understand the enormous amount of time spent to roll out Gasser COS and the DSP2, DSP5, CSP2, CSP4, CSP5 is on crack !!!

Ross and I have had some disagreements in the past about what is and what is not in the software mapped currently, and as far as other diesel controllers with respect to that, and I have moved on and accepted that what we have is mostly what we will ever need, and a far better software suite than other options available, and what is still missing needs to be found by hard work not by complaining !!

By $.02 cents for whatever its worth
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

Post #264 - I said:

Post #272 - You said:

Quote Originally Posted by HOWQUICK View Post
    Was at this point we realised what a unit this guy is...I reckon your answer Ross gives him far more than he deserves....

Who posts "I was just carrying on to piss you people off"? WOW!!

Last edited by hacklerjason; May 16th, 2017 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I used to get frustrated at times when tables were missing and things were not getting found or updated or changed fast enough, until I walked a mile in his shoes and realized how good we have it, and how much we actually have, even at times if we want more it is what it is.
    Thanks Tony, sadly things have changed so much since we started this gig 10+ years ago and I think you'll have noticed that too as you were one of the early guys in to this when we did LB7's.
    In many aspects of day to day life I've seen things transition from people grateful for what they have to constant moaning about what they don't have and why wasn't it done yesterday and when it is done it's still not good enough (I'm not specifically talking about tuning software here either), such is the world in 2017 and I just find it best to disconnect from it and do what we do rather than try to put that cat back in the bag.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have a 2018 Colorado zr2 tune file if anyone wants to look at it.

I looked at it and is it me or isn't there much to change? Or is it not fully done yet?
    2018 Colorado ZR2 Diesel

1998 Firebird Transam A4

Installed: 4l80e with yank 3200 stall, mwc 9in 3.00 gear wavetrac 3in off the sides, wattslink, PCM upgrade, Strano springs, 24 way QA1 front/rear, stainless steel brake hard lines, pst carbon fiber driveshaft, Boyd Harm rims 18x12/18x10(not minitub), kooks 1 7/8 full lenght headers and true dual exhaust, Zainoed

Is this OS 55488112 ?
    That should have the usual set of tables / parameters as previous Colorado's (300+ tables/parameters from memory).

Quote Originally Posted by Cool28 View Post
    I have a 2018 Colorado zr2 tune file if anyone wants to look at it.

I looked at it and is it me or isn't there much to change? Or is it not fully done yet?
    so if you need two tables to do the job...does it make you feel better there are 10 to work through...8 of which aren't anything to do with the changes you want to make?

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast