Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Ross I think it's safe to say that the Canadian colorados are going to be identical to the USA colorados...except with a speedometer marked in those weird kilometer things.
    Ill be the first to ask.

Are the trucks similar enough that one could possible run non USA files on USA trucks?

Lets face it, we are just along for the ride when it comes to what the US does...

That I don't know Mitch, I would expect all other modules in the trucks are the same (ABS, BCM etc), nowhere else has On-Star so not sure if that would be an issue or affected in any way if not running a USA cal. You just know someone will try it so lets wait and see .

Meanwhile all of us over here are waiting for the hard parts to be developed for them, FedEx will be busy shipping a lot of parts overseas once that all happens.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That I don't know Mitch, I would expect all other modules in the trucks are the same (ABS, BCM etc), nowhere else has On-Star so not sure if that would be an issue or affected in any way if not running a USA cal. You just know someone will try it so lets wait and see .

Meanwhile all of us over here are waiting for the hard parts to be developed for them, FedEx will be busy shipping a lot of parts overseas once that all happens.
    If it's really that easy - I may take a REAL no phones vacation this year. Lmao
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

As long as the hardware between the engines is the same, and the ECM pinouts match, I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work.

Might have to change the VIN in the ECM to match the module environment identifiers for immobilizer and GMLAN crank-request though. Does EFILive support VIN update on the E98?

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Does EFILive support VIN update on the E98?
    Yes it can be done the usual ways, but there should be no need to have to change the VIN if it is still the same ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Good news update, some reads from USA Colorado's have been sent in as customers start to take delivery. Currently we are mapping them out (yes, they are VERY different to the rest of the world 2.8L OS's, damn GM!).
    The plan is we will do a very quick closed beta test on these just to make sure there isn't any issues with the USA specific version (rest of the world has been going flawless for a while now), then we will do a public release.
    So hopefully less than a week, a week? DSP4 for USA Colorado's is being worked on at the same time so it won't be too far off either (again already available for the rest of the world).

One thing is for sure to be able to tune the USA version you will need to be running the December release as this had some pre-emptive updates for these models so all we would have to release is the .calz file once we got ECM reads.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...Stable-Release

Cheers,
    Ross

Great news Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Good news update, some reads from USA Colorado's have been sent in as customers start to take delivery. Currently we are mapping them out (yes, they are VERY different to the rest of the world 2.8L OS's, damn GM!).
    The plan is we will do a very quick closed beta test on these just to make sure there isn't any issues with the USA specific version (rest of the world has been going flawless for a while now), then we will do a public release.
    So hopefully less than a week, a week? DSP4 for USA Colorado's is being worked on at the same time so it won't be too far off either (again already available for the rest of the world).

One thing is for sure to be able to tune the USA version you will need to be running the December release as this had some pre-emptive updates for these models so all we would have to release is the .calz file once we got ECM reads.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...Stable-Release

Cheers,
    Ross
    Great!!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Nice work Ross!

Can you full-flash the E98 between US and ROW operating systems? Or is the hardware different?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Now that I have a real read from one I'll have to see if it would be compatible or a disaster like what happens on E38's with incompatible year models. Currently the software won't let you though and that restriction is there because of what I just mentioned then on the E38. The ECM's are $1,200 here so we didn't want to see a bunch of them corrupted.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast