Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackbear Performance AutoCal issue!

Default Blackbear Performance AutoCal issue!

I have a 2012 Silverado 1500, 5.3L, 6spd and have an AutoCal from Blackbear. I have used the AutoCal many times on this truck to update tunes. Recently, I installed LT headers and like I always do, I logged a file and sent it to BBP. Once Justin sent the tuned file, it was saying it wasn't supported with this version. I went to EFILive.com and downloaded the latest version (v8.2.2 build 276), updated the firmware and everything was ok. I turn the key on to run in my truck, plugged the AutoCal in and the Fuel Guage starts swiping and the DIC says to service Stabilitrac System. The AutoCal says 0280. I know that code means it's not reading the truck. I'm completely stumped! I've never had this issue before! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Did you contact Justin @ Blackbear...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yes I have but only through email and it takes several days for him to get back to me because he's so busy which is understandable. That's why I'm asking here.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I have talked to Justin several times about it and he has jist told me to update. Hes very busy so he doesnt get torespond very quickly. I was just now able to upgrade to the 278 build. When I updated the firmware and configuration files, the Auto Cal started flashing. That's the first time it has done that during an update! Fingers are crossed that this works! If this doesn't work, Justin said he could connect to my PC and see what's going on!

Lifetime Member

Hate to say this, but Justin at BBP has to provide all the end support as he has configured his remote tuning files a particular way that we (as general) EFILive users have no way of knowing, leaving far too many variables out there.

I hope he gets you squared away promptly and we're happy to help with some of the basics here, but just know we likely wont be able to help with most issues you encounter.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Hate to say this, but Justin at BBP has to provide all the end support as he has configured his remote tuning files a particular way that we (as general) EFILive users have no way of knowing, leaving far too many variables out there.

I hope he gets you squared away promptly and we're happy to help with some of the basics here, but just know we likely wont be able to help with most issues you encounter.
    Thanks for the reply, I'm sure there's gotta be something that I've missed with the update causing this issue. Like I said, I've flashed a calibration tune many times before the update with no problem. Hopefully he can figure this out for me!

Been on Citrix with Justin at Blackbear for the last 30 minutes and he's having to contact efilive...he thinks there's something going on with the AutoCal and not a corrupt file...I have faith that he will figure it out for me!

He will.

My guess is you need to download the latest release on this forum, not the one on the main site. When you go to help and about in the software, it will tell you the version you are running. Then, make sure you both match.

Then you will need to update your FIRMWARE on the device to make it match as well.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    My guess is you need to download the latest release on this forum, not the one on the main site. When you go to help and about in the software, it will tell you the version you are running. Then, make sure you both match.

Then you will need to update your FIRMWARE on the device to make it match as well.
    That is actually what I did. The main site's version isn't the most recent release. I've talked with Justin and Jarrad at Blackbear and they had me plug it into another 08+ gm silverado/Sierra or tahoe/Yukon and it did the same craziness on their DIC. That tells me that it is not my truck but something to do with the AutoCal. I connected with Justin on Citrix and he checked all of my firmware and configuration files and everything was correct and updated. Hopefully they can figure this out! Thank you for the reply!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast