Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to EFI LIVE and struggling with COS upgrade

Default New to EFI LIVE and struggling with COS upgrade

Been reading through the tutorial guides and about 1000 threads about upgrading OS and for the life of me can not figure this out. I have an LS1B OS 12587811 and see the custom OS files in my documents which show 0125001-3 then 0127, 0129, 0201 and so on but how do I know which is the correct one to use? I figured out the 001-3 at the end are the different options within the COS but can not figure out which is the file I would use. Under V7.5, Upgrade OS there is nothing listed so I'm guessing it would show in this box after you flash in the COS file but there again I have to ask which file to load? What is the guru secret to knowing what COS is for what?

There is a table matching COS to standard OS in the upgrade tutorial.
    Tune Tool>Help>Tutorials>Custom OS Upgrade Tutorial - LS1.pdf. The 'Upgrade OS' tab is for later OSs where they are 'patched', not for LS1B.

However, for your particular situation, unfortunately there aren't COSs for the 2006 OSs.

Seriously, I can not run a 2bar OS off EFI Live? So depressing. Seems like everytime I think I can do something with one or the other software I get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    Been reading through the tutorial guides and about 1000 threads about upgrading OS and for the life of me can not figure this out. I have an LS1B OS 12587811 and see the custom OS files in my documents which show 0125001-3 then 0127, 0129, 0201 and so on but how do I know which is the correct one to use? I figured out the 001-3 at the end are the different options within the COS but can not figure out which is the file I would use.
    If your OS is not listed in the LS1B Custom OS pdf then there is not a COS for it.

Under V7.5, Upgrade OS there is nothing listed so I'm guessing it would show in this box after you flash in the COS file but there again I have to ask which file to load? What is the guru secret to knowing what COS is for what?
    This is for E38/E67, does not apply to LS1B.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    Seriously, I can not run a 2bar OS off EFI Live? So depressing. Seems like everytime I think I can do something with one or the other software I get kicked.
    You can run a 2-bar MAP sensor, and scale the VE and MAF tables by 1/2, and also you have to scale/shift any other tables referenceing airmass or airflow on their axis... it is doable without a COS.

So if it is not in the small list from 2001 to 2005 then it doesn't exist. So I need to start searching the whole scaling deal. Seems as though it might be easier to keep the LS jobs with HPT, we can upgrade to 1bar, 2bar, 3bar extremely easy.

Lifetime Member

why not OS swap to an upgradable OS?

Okay so I have read the custom os tutorial but can not really find anything in regards to OS swap. Is there any tips that can be shared? I appreciate the help.

Lifetime Member

need to find a similiar OS that is COS supported.

The OS that you have, what did it come from?

2006 Cadillac Escalade, 6.0LQ9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast