Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to EFI LIVE and struggling with COS upgrade

Lifetime Member

yep so the beginning posts of this thread make since. no >1bar support for this ecu(or any 1mb). just cos1 and 2.

looks like hptuners is your friend currently.

Yeah, kinda sucks that I was all pumped up with HPT go to use the real time tuning and can not use with this controller which it confuses me that it will come up as LS1B sometimes then E38 others. So on to EFI Live and yeah, no can't use that feature. So it will be off to the dyno to spend some more money to nail this tune down. Time is my biggest killer with work being so busy I have no time and you can feel it has so much more potential but sadly it is neglected.

Lifetime Member

well it is strange efilive just gave up on the 1mb cos3/5. this is all new news to me- I apologize for misleading you.

If you read around you can see where it was asked for but other things have taken precedence. Maybe since hptuners has a COS for damn near every ls1 OS EFILive has thrown in the towel on it?

No no thank you for the input and help.

Also don't know if I would say they threw in the towel, EFI Live so far looks like they have a bit more attention to detail in their software IMO. Diesels are a huge market and growing more and more and becoming harder and harder to keep up with. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    Yeah I read that and I swear I read that you go under the upgrade tab and select the OS. They must have changed it since last night! Okay going to try this and hope for the best. Again Thank You.
    That's for E38/E67.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    I am on the latest update but do not have 051300XX, I have 05120001-0003. CAX capability, so I may cry myself to sleep tonight.
    You should have both 051200xx and 051300xx...

Thanks we figured that out and it does say it in the tutorial, but also says LS so quite a bit misleading to someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You can run a 2-bar MAP sensor, and scale the VE and MAF tables by 1/2, and also you have to scale/shift any other tables referenceing airmass or airflow on their axis... it is doable without a COS.
    Have you considered this ^

I don't have the last cos number you posted for whatever reason, but the whole scaling may be a little to complicated compared to just using the HPT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123