Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HP tuner inhanced SD vs efi live.

Default HP tuner inhanced SD vs efi live.

I had my car tuned yesterday and the tuner used the inhanced SD verson of hp tuners to tune my car.He knows i have efi but what he was conserned with is if i read the file that is in my pcm i will not get the inhanced part of the file?Is this true because this car has a hell of a time iding as it is.And if i copy and edit the file i might lose the inhanced part of the tune.This motor is 408 high compression with a large solid roller and a gm single plain intake with a accel 1550 throttle body.There are no o2s as we run c16 fuel in it all the time for nitrous.Any input would be appreated.

Thanks,Mike

Hey Mike, I do not know the answer to this to be honest. What I would do is read the tune with HPT v 1.7 to get it in a *.bin format and maybe compare it like that in EFIlive. It will depend on if the cal file is the same I think....

Mike, we have some safe guards in place for HPT's custom O.S's to stop people copying them with EFILive, anyway, even if you can read it out if the O.S number they used clashes with one of ours (eg 01250001) EFILive will not allow you to do anything with it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Mike, we have some safe guards in place for HPT's custom O.S's to stop people copying them with EFILive, anyway, even if you can read it out if the O.S number they used clashes with one of ours (eg 01250001) EFILive will not allow you to do anything with it.

Cheers,
    Ross
    So if i copy it how much info will not be right?

You need to get the O.S number first and let us know, it may be one that EFILive does not even know. Not that we have cal files for all the HPT custom O.S's, but like my example above, we used 01250001 as a number for a custom O.S, so did they, problem is, they are for different years!.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

You need to get the O.S number first and let us know, it may be one that EFILive does not even know. Not that we have cal files for all the HPT custom O.S's, but like my example above, we used 01250001 as a number for a custom O.S, so did they, problem is, they are for different years!.

Cheers,
    Ross
    So can i just read to get the OS file number.If so ill do that and let ya know.i just don't wanna mess anything up if i read the pcm.

Chances are the PCM might be locked anyway, so just use the PCM Info button in the Tune tool.

Cheers,
    Ross

Thats screwed up... Uses a HPT version you can't tweak and leaves you with a tune that doesn't idle.

Chances are the PCM might be locked anyway, so just use the PCM Info button in the Tune tool.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Well the os number is 01270005 and yea your right its locked.So am i screwed?

You are screwed only if the tuner won't unlock the PCM for you, even then, we can put you in contact with some people that could unlock it.

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast