Thread: Switch from metric to US

Default Switch from metric to US

I've checked my options both in the tune & scan software and in the settings for flashscan. Locale = US and Units = Custom but the flashscan data display is still in metrics.

How do I get the units of measure to change to US?

Any help?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When you select the PIDs that you want to log on FlashScan in standalone "black box logging", you need to choose the custom units that you want for each PID, like this:

Right-click on the PID that you want to set the units for and select "Properties".
    The "PID Properties" window has three sections; at the top is the "Default PID properties", in the center is the "Custom PID properties" and at the bottom is the "Alarm" settings.
    Check the "Active" checkbox in the "Custom PID properties" section, then use the drop down loist to select which custom units you want the PID to display on FlashScan's screen.

When the PIDs are being displayed on FlashScan's screen, use the [Enter] key to toggle between metric and custom units.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CustomUnits.png 
Views:	336 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	18603

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

My logging is recording correctly. I'm just wanting to read through he Flashscan display realtime, not logging. It displays metric. I've seen references to "rebooting" but I can't find any specific directions on how to do that.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigsapper View Post
    My logging is recording correctly. I'm just wanting to read through he Flashscan display realtime, not logging. It displays metric. I've seen references to "rebooting" but I can't find any specific directions on how to do that.
    The units displayed on FlashScan's screen (when logging or displaying data) are controlled by what I described in the previous post. After you have made the unit changes to your PIDs, use the [Program] button in the [F4: BBX] window in the V8 software. When you click that button, EFILive copies your changes to FlashScan. To get FlashScan to recognize those changes you can reboot FlashScan but that is not required, instead you can just re-select the PIDs using the FlashScan option F1 Scan Tool -> F1 -> Select PIDs and then use the up/down arrow keys to select which PID list you want to log or display. (If there is only one PID list then it is selected automatically).

FYI to reboot FlashScan either disconnect FlashScan from the vehicle and reconnect. Or more easily, press the Ctrl+Cancel key combination. I.e. while holding down the [Ctrl] key, press and release the [Cancel] key.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Ok, I got it. Thanks!