Thread: New Guy intro

Default New Guy intro

Hello all,

I'm introducing myself. I know absolutely nothing about EFI and I'm hoping to learn over the next few months and then purchase EFI for my 2002 Yukon XL 8.1

What I'm looking to get out of my truck is as much towing performance as possible. I just had the 4L80E rebuilt and the 14 bolt rear end freshened up. As well as other odds and ends to keep up on a truck that's got 192K miles. I like the idea of EFI for several reasons...

1. In order to start using it, and in the process of learning to use it, it forces the user to become intimately familiar with their engine and how it works. Thus, increasing the users overall knowledge of their vehicle.

2. The ability to diagnose problems potentially before they happen.

3. The ability to continually change / modify tunes as my needs change or as my tastes change. I don't know what I'm talking about, but I would imagine a "good tune" for 500 ft above sea level wouldn't be optimal for 8,000 above sea level. I assume EFI would give you the ability to log and make adjustments as necessary.

Thanks to all for all your posts. I've started reading the posts on "where to start tuning" and trying to learn everything I can...

Welcome

start off by reading thru the scantool/tunetool user manual pdf's.