Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dsp5 tune being limited and confused why

Default dsp5 tune being limited and confused why

hello there i made a dsp5 tune and am trying to make tune 5( program 4 ) have a little more fuel than tune 4 ( program 3 ) i have almost identical file on a similar truck and that truck smokes a ton... the truck in the log below has a small cloud at initial throttle but clean the entire way through... while playing the data log and having the tune open at the same time I'm seeing that the commanded MM3 is only between 20-30mm3 on the ignition pulse yet under the throttle based quantity it shows 110mm3 I'm slightly confused what it limiting the fuel..

fell free to go over and let me know what you think.. i understand the injection amount it slightly high for injectors

DSP5 attempt 3.ctz
    Log_0000.efi

nobody out there have any suggestions upon why the MM3 is being limited ?

I didnt look at the file, but you made sure to full-flash the file right?

On LB7's, each time a change is made to DSP-5 tunes, you have to FULL flash.

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

OK I just looked at it.

B0752, B0728, B0732, G0901-G0909 could be limiting you.

A couple other things I noticed. Thats too much pulsewidth for an LB7. You are gaining nothing going above ~3050uS on a stock LB7.

And your timing, yikes. Back it down. You're gonna blow something up.

And did you forget to adjust your timing compensation factor/multiplier tables?? You cant just go making a tune and ignore those. There are a lot of other things in the tune that are sketchy/need work too.

Just my opinion....

Ben
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Oh yes. Tps commanded 100mm3 but when performing datalog only got to 30-40mm3 max

Quote Originally Posted by djv86 View Post
    Oh yes. Tps commanded 100mm3 but when performing datalog only got to 30-40mm3 max
    Have you logged the MAF sensor? Check all of the other things I wrote in post #4 too.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

️Ya ended up redoing it since the post and works fine now. About the pw I figured in the low mpa area of the main inj pulse table it starts high and drops down with fuel pressure I figured as long as I keep it under that it might be alright. Truck runs good. And I just was playing around with timing hoping give it a little more down low before boost comes in to try and get it a little more outta the hole

Quote Originally Posted by djv86 View Post
    ️Ya ended up redoing it since the post and works fine now. About the pw I figured in the low mpa area of the main inj pulse table it starts high and drops down with fuel pressure I figured as long as I keep it under that it might be alright. Truck runs good. And I just was playing around with timing hoping give it a little more down low before boost comes in to try and get it a little more outta the hole
    Yeah thats because your rail pressure limit table is still stock............you increased the desired rail pressure tables all around, but thats not gonna do shit when you left the main limiter table stock.

And thats still too much timing. You need to go through and custom tune ALL of the timing compensation/multiplier tables. Otherwise you're going to get a shitty rattly mess at different altitudes, temperatures, etc.

"truck runs good" means nothing. Might run good now, but check back in a couple thousand miles after abusing it with 38* of timing...
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Come on now, i seen one run at 3400 with a oversized pump and 45 over sticks running 36 degrees of timing. Granted his crank broke less thaan 100 miles later, but hey, it ran good until.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Come on now, i seen one run at 3400 with a oversized pump and 45 over sticks running 36 degrees of timing. Granted his crank broke less thaan 100 miles later, but hey, it ran good until.
    haha!
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast