Thread: Issues with EFILIVE on C7 Z06

Default Issues with EFILIVE on C7 Z06

There are clearly issues with this version for this vehicle. I have quite literally moved the knock stuff completely out of the way, and no matter what, I get knock retard indicating. I am on 100 octane fuel, I set the B1905 knock fast attack limit to 2 degrees, increased the knock threshold way up to 6.63 across the cylinders, and set B7017 torque limit to 1058 up to 5krpm. The log for KnockRET Degrees stays exactly the same...same curve and everything. Any input here guys? I would rather not blow up a bran new engine trying to sort out something as trivial as an intake tune.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7 Z06 knock retard.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	257.5 KB 
ID:	18597

Nobody? I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get HP Tuners. Can I get a refund on this license since it doesn't work on this platform??

Jason, the knock retard PID should only shows numbers from the Fast Knock retard calculation, but I am not sure if the result of burst knock retards are fed through to this PID as well. To test that you could zero out B1920 and see if that knock goes away.
    You might want to also log the PID 'GM.KRCYL' as that will flag if it is a specific cylinder that is knocking.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S. View Post
    Nobody? I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get HP Tuners. Can I get a refund on this license since it doesn't work on this platform??
    Me and two well known tuners in my area will get HP tuners soon because of the issues with E92 in EFI live just waiting for the next update
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    Me and two well known tuners in my area will get HP tuners soon because of the issues with E92 in EFI live just waiting for the next update
    Wesam,

Your feedback has been incorporated into the next release. You were offered the ability to use these enhancements when they first became available in April through our beta test program, but never responded after that initial contact.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Jason, the knock retard PID should only shows numbers from the Fast Knock retard calculation, but I am not sure if the result of burst knock retards are fed through to this PID as well. To test that you could zero out B1920 and see if that knock goes away.
    You might want to also log the PID 'GM.KRCYL' as that will flag if it is a specific cylinder that is knocking.
    O.k. so figured out the weird always knock thing....the knock balancing rates.... GM had ONE cylinder always pulling about 4 degrees up to about 4500... zeroed that...fixed!!!
    However I can add the PID GM.KRCYL, and it adds to the list, but NOT to the logg chart. Any thoughts there?

Jason, any chance you could Email support a log with the PID GM.KRCYL in it so we can see.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Jason, any chance you could Email support a log with the PID GM.KRCYL in it so we can see.
    Here is a link to the log file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20degrees.efi