Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CM2200 Development/Updates

Lifetime Member

Default CM2200 Development/Updates

2010+ Cummins has been pretty dark on updates lately compared to the first few months from announcment.. Any talk of more support?

-Exhaust brake TQ
    -Fuel/TQ/MM3 limiters
    -Transmission parameters (converter lock/unlock, shift point, shift timing, throttle axis, line pressure control and ramp rates, etc..)

Lifetime Member

With the release of CSP, we expected to receive a range of EDA logs to demonstrate the need to additional parameters/limiters. At this point in time we've received one log/request on an extremely built vehicle that is not representative of most of our customer base. It will still be addressed, but not immediately.

Cummins will sit to allow customers to digest the data we've provided, and over time we expect to receive a range of logs/requests and manage them all together. Trans tuning will be addressed as part of that review. Logs and requests can be email to me.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I have been quiet until now thinking I was just going to be a pest.

But if logs is what you need I have lots of them showing limiters in play and so forth. Cindy, I will send an email and a short handful of logs with some basics. Please let me know if there are specific data points you guys need me to shoot for. I do anything from daily driver, towing 14k, and occasional street playing.

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

A pest is demanding those parameters just because you think you need them without providing reasons or data. Good development is driven by logical data. Logical data is not emotional and isn't skued to an agenda.

Send them through so we can review and prioritise the requests.

I don't have a time line for you, but I expect development won't commence this side of October. Ross is currently implementing support for 2 new GM Diesel controllers, and we are heading into that time of year where we start to add support for 2016 OS's on already supported controllers.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

So does EFI live still plan to support 68rfe parameters on the 2010+ rams? I am honestly a bit worried now that we are going to get left behind because all the shops clearly have the ability already and efi is making sales because of it. I want to voice my need/want for trans adjustments to make sure we are heard. Just hope I am not the minority.. Have a handful of trucks running tuned with stock exhaust and some with big tires. Really need shift logic/shift timing/line pressure adjustments.

I came from MCC and with the narrow view we had into trans logic I still had the truck acting better than it does currently.

Sasdakota you are definitely not the minority wanting the added parameters. We all want them, I have countless people that want to switch from Mcc, but when one can't adjust trans tables on a 7k transmission I tell them to stay with what they have.

I am in the same boat. Several trucks in my area would ditch MCC (myself included) in a second if there were Trans parameters available. Anything much over stock and they need it to live, imo.

I also hope there is still some extra RPM in the works, as its deperately needed for competition applications.

I wish I had the tools available to spend time tracing code and helping the effort, but a dissasembler and the hardware to go with it is out if my budget unfortunately. If there is any need for that, I'd gladly volunteer time.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by WyoFreeride View Post
    I wish I had the tools available to spend time tracing code and helping the effort, but a dissasembler and the hardware to go with it is out if my budget unfortunately. If there is any need for that, I'd gladly volunteer time.
    We are on the other side of that fence, we need a truck sitting in the driveway to test it all on
    Probably nothing going to happen on the trans for 2015 but we plan on revisiting it Q1 2016, we've had to play catch up on the GM side of things as the 2016 models have been rolling out since July/Sept.

I'm def in the same boat with the trans tuning. Even a stock truck feels like a rocket with added line pressure and an earlier lockup schedule. Not to mention some ability to lessen the torque management. Hoping that option comes to us more sooner than later. Not to get off subject but has anyone addressed the speed limiter issue for the 13-15's? Or is that in the trans parameters also?
    -Danny-

"Napalm"........'03 LB7 Ext Cab 2wd, Spiral Grey Metallic, lowered, Fuel Rampage wrapped in Nitto 420S, Stainless Diesel S475 5-Blade over stock.

Lifetime Member

The earlier lockup is what makes it feel like a rocket. These new PCMs calc load and apply fueling based on that. Trans tuning and more fuel control is desperately needed on the 4th gens!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast