Thread: New user: Some concerns.

Default New user: Some concerns.

I just started using the scanning software today, and made a few logs for various gear pulls. On all of my pulls, my timing looks good, and I have no KR, but my LTFT's are positive, and not equal for the 2 banks. I am a complete newbie when it comes to tuning/scanning, but I know this is incorrect. Here are my max min and avg values for timing, and the LTFT's.

Long Term Fuel Trim-Bank1 min=3.9 max=10.9 avg=8.9
    Bank 2 min=10.2 max=14.1 avg=-2.4

Timing min=25.5 max=39.5 avg=32.6

I tried logging the narrowband 02 voltages, but I just got N/A for all of the values? Any guidance would be appreciated.

The car is a 99 Z28 M6, with long tubes, ORY, a march UD pulley, and a lid for power mods.
    Last edited by black z; May 14th, 2006 at 08:47 AM.

Well I have been looking at the log some more and it seems the LTFT's lock at:

Bank 1=10.2
    Bank 2=13.3

This is at 6100 RPM, I am seeing 0 KR and 30.5* of timing there.

The best thing you can do for yourself (and your car) is invest in a Wideband O2 controller so that you can actually tune by AFR. The LC-1 is a real popular unit and is pretty cheap as well. Green Light Motorsports sells them for under $200.

Are you going to run in Speed Density (MAFless) or continue to use MAF?

What you are seeing with the LTFT "locking" will probably be because you are in PE mode and the fuel system goes into Open Loop and no longer uses O2 feedback.

Good luck
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I bought an LC1 and EFILive from greenlight, chad is currently out of them though, so im just waiting until he gets another shipment. Im not relaly sure if I want to keep the MAF or ditch it for a SD tune. What would you recommend? My computer doesnt have MS excel currently, would it be wise to install that for ease of looking at data logs?

Chad is a good mate of mine, he'll take good care of ya!

I wouldn't want to lead you on whether to go SD or not. There ape people that have excellent results either way. Personally, I have been running SD mode, in Open Loop, for over a year and have been absolutely wrapped with it.

Excel... I do use Excel a bit for various things, but never to examine logs as such. The mapping function in the scan tool is totally awesome once you get your head around it. I have found I can do most things in the maps, and then you can apply the filters.

Continue playing and you'll get the hang of it all real quick. EFILive is a totally awesome software package!!

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew