Thread: July 08, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default July 08, 2015: EFILive Public Pre-Release

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Both the V7.5 and V8 software were updated in this release, you must update both software packages.

Release Notes:

Known Issues:
    Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As new issues are verified they will be posted in the Known Issues thread.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 286
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 279
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014
    )
    To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.85 (Jul 08, 2015
    )
    To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; July 27th, 2015 at 04:58 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Something is wrong...

scantool shows splash screen indefinitely.

tunetool shows spash screen for a long time (1 minute) before showing tune file contents.

And, on the Windows taskbar/toolbar, two icons/thumbnails are shown, even tho only one instance of tool is running (happens for each of V7 scantool and tunetool).

I'm on Win7 Pro.

And now that I reported it, the problem has gone away... now they both open lightning quick.

tried to run the updates for both 7.5 and 8.2; neither will work:

errors 7.5 [V7.5.7 (build 283)]: EFILive V7.5 could not be located on your system. (the program is not in the default directory on my computer; could this be an issue?) and "Failure code returned from installer/batch file."

8.2 errors [V8.2.2 (build 276)]: Software is up to date and "Failure code returned from installer/batch file."

Please help...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Something is wrong...

scantool shows splash screen indefinitely.

tunetool shows spash screen for a long time (1 minute) before showing tune file contents.
    That can happen when Windows decides that it needs to search online at "Windows Update" for an updated USB driver - that can take 1-2 minutes.
    You can tell it to stop searching Windows Update by clicking onthe notifcation balloon in the system tray.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rp1miller View Post
    tried to run the updates for both 7.5 and 8.2; neither will work:

errors 7.5 [V7.5.7 (build 283)]: EFILive V7.5 could not be located on your system. (the program is not in the default directory on my computer; could this be an issue?) and "Failure code returned from installer/batch file."

8.2 errors [V8.2.2 (build 276)]: Software is up to date and "Failure code returned from installer/batch file."

Please help...
    When that happens it just means that one of more files that were originally installed are not the same files that were installed. They may have been copied from a different installation, moved, renamed, deleted etc. In that case, all you need to do is to download the full installation and just install over the top of the existing installation. The reason the files need to be identical is that the update works by modifying the original files. It can't modify the files if they are not exactly the same files that werre installed.

In this case it is because the update program is looking for older versions of the software to update and when it finds the new pre-release version already installed it assumes the files have been modified and gives an error that the original (older version) can't be found.

This pre-release version has no updates that can be applied (yet). However, it should not give error messages like you describe, it shuold just indicate that no updates are available. I wil look into why it is showing errors.

Regards
    Paul

Ah, I see.

V8 S&T BBX:

Alarms:
    alarms are not imported from file nor from V2;
    when I try to edit/enable an alarm, it is not saved in the BBX properties, and not saved to file, it disables the alarm in the file (overwrites it).

Custom Units:
    CU's are not imported from file nor from V2;
    when I try to edit/enable a CU, it is saved in the BBX properties, and it looks like it saves to file, but the other CU's are disabled (overwritten).

see attached BBX config file...
    *PSL_01 is where I tried to edit KR's alarm and EQIVRATIO's Custom Units...
    the other PSL's are untouched, these show what PSL_01's pid's alarms/CU's were before I edited PSL_01 via the BBX gui.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joecar; July 18th, 2015 at 12:39 PM.