Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with July 08, 2015 Public Pre-Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with July 08, 2015 Public Pre-Release

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the July 08, 2015 Public Pre-Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the current/stable release software here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
    Download the public pre-release software here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

Public pre-release software versions

• Software: V7.5.7.286
    • Software: V8.2.2.279
    • FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.85

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    FlashScan V1 devices licensed as "Personal" are being incorrectly recognized as Scan-Only devices which prevents flashing controllers. FlashScan V1 devices licensed as "Commercial" are not affected.
    Workaround:
    Contact EFILive (support@efilive.com) for a free Personal to Commercial upgrade. Include your FlashScan V1 serial number in your email.

Issue 3:
    BBX custom PID units are not being saved/reloaded correctly when saving BBX options files.
    Workaround:
    None. Will be fixed in next update.

Issue 4:
    Comparing calculated PID values does not always appear to work consistently.
    Workaround:
    From Wikipedia:
    The use of the equality test (if (x==y) ...) requires care when dealing with floating-point numbers.
    Even simple expressions like 0.6/0.2-3==0 will, on most computers, fail to be true[41] (in IEEE 754 double precision, for example, 0.6/0.2-3 is approximately equal to -4.44089209850063e-16).
    Consequently, such tests are sometimes replaced with "fuzzy" comparisons (if (abs(x-y) < epsilon) ..., where epsilon is sufficiently small and tailored to the application, such as 1.0E−13).
    The wisdom of doing this varies greatly, and can require numerical analysis to bound epsilon.
    Future versions of EFILive V8 will provide a floating point comparison function similar to this: SameValue(V1,V2,epsilon) which will return TRUE if the floating point values V1 and V2 differ by epsilon or less.

Last edited by Blacky; July 27th, 2015 at 04:58 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Will we be able to tune with V8 now or do we still have to do the back and forth between 8 and 7.5?

Not yet, the fully functional scan side of V8 is going to be finished before the tuning tool. Pass though logging was the next task to be completed.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

After sorting out driver issues, and then having to uninstall and reinstall 4 times to get V8 to launch properly, it now says the firmware on my V2 needs to me updated to the version it currently has!

Furthermore, V8 locks up at the drop of a hat, and then won't relaunch. I get an error that says the hapi background can't be accessed. I have to correct this by restarting my laptop. I'm new to EFI and I'm just trying to pull the stock file off my truck. If this software is truly this buggy and unstable, I can't believe it's usable. It's extremely frustrating. I'm running Windows 8.

Now it says the V2 cannot start (code 10). Please provide guidance.
    Last edited by ManVan; July 10th, 2015 at 05:25 PM.
    2006 MegaCab 4x4 Goerend 48re, 37s on a KORE race suspension. Exergy 30% injectors, Banks intake, intercooler, air horn and exhaust. New to EFI and tuning for optimized daily driving and mileage.

Hang in there manvan. I have never seen a problem that severe with efi live but they always get things fixed. Its true that this software is more buggy and complicated to use than others but in the end I think its worth it. We don't have to deal with a crazy credit system for every little feature or deal with vin issues. When you get stuck there is always help on the forum from people with experience. You'll be glad you got efi in the end.

So the hapi error I get is $002A, can't create semaphore control for EFI Live hapi. The Codes list says to contact EFI live for this error.

Also, the V2 is in deadpoll mode as evidenced by the alternating amber LEDs. I'd love to reflash the firmware, however the program immediately locks up and says not responding when attempting to do so.
    2006 MegaCab 4x4 Goerend 48re, 37s on a KORE race suspension. Exergy 30% injectors, Banks intake, intercooler, air horn and exhaust. New to EFI and tuning for optimized daily driving and mileage.

Guys, I have just updated to this version. Is the .ctz file now the default tune file, as that is what it is saving by default now. (I'm used to using .tun files.) Also I had great difficulty connecting to and downloading the TCM on a 2015 Gen-F Maloo. It took four attempts before connecting. Having said that the Atom pc used is still running XP Pro - (this only gets used for efilive)?

Also this car does not have an ignition key, you have to have the fob in your pocket. You have to press the brake ( before pressing the dash mounted engine starter button). But you have to press the brake pedal like you used to switch the ignition on with a key in the older cars. I assume when the software asks you to switch off the ignition, you just take your foot off the brake for the same effect?
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"

.ctz is now the default tune file type, for the last seeveral builds.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    .ctz is now the default tune file type, for the last seeveral builds.
    Hi Joe, hope you are well?

Just shows how long I have been out of the loop (no pun intended). Just about to start again though. I presume that if I was flashing in an old .tun file there would be no issues?

What about the difficulty making a connection to the trans? Is that just a glitch?

Cheers Gareth
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"

Lifetime Member

.tun files were retired in June 2014. You can still open and edit .tun files but can only save in .ctz or .coz file formats.

With your TCM, does your laptop use USB 3.0 by any chance? And have you tried to read using BBX features?

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast