Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
I remember setting up my brothers truck(he had Jeff's help as well) that getting the dizzy right was a pain.

crank relearn isn't going to make it run good or bad- it is simply for misfire and timing reduction for knock detection.

I believe you have a dizzy offset setting- and that setting was important to get it to run right.

I can probably provide you a basic tune from my brother that may get you running if you do think it is tune related. I think you have something mechanical wrong though.
Thank you RADustin, you are correct that I have something mechanically wrong now, in fact I must have something wrong now because I changed the distributor position, however when I first put the tune on I had swapped from a running 96 computer to the 411 and still had trouble. It had been starting hard before the swap. Anytime I used it when I still had the stock computer if I hadn't started it for a little while the fuel pressure would leak off and I would have to get the fuel pressure back up to start it by bumping the starter and letting the fuel pump prime the line pressure 2 or 3 times. That is why I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and pump last week. I thought that would be the end of my troubles and it would just run. After all, it had been running on the 411 tune for over a year before I parked it. Perhaps the injectors are gummed up from sitting so long.

Perhaps a timeline of troubles will help everyone help me.

1 Got Suburban for a tow rig, threw rod bearing in first 1000 miles.
2 replaced engine with used unit from a wreck, went through everything during install. Only the heads stayed on. All looked well.
3 Suburban runs fine but I want more power, sometimes need to prime fuel pump twice to start easy, or just crank on it longer.
4 bought 2010 Dodge Cummins to tow, Suburban is now a toy
5 bought FSV2 in hopes of tuning everything I own.
6 while waiting for EfiLive to support my pickup I programmed my 01 Yukon after swapping the motor and emptying the cats to eliminate the ses and bump up power with mild success
7 tried to flash the Suburban, couldn't…
8 411 is genius
9 did the 411 swap, fuel pressure continued to plague me, but it drove. Oil began to leak from the pressure sensor behind and below the dizzy.
10 it sat
11 replaced the pump and regulator and oil pressure sending unit and had to move dizzy to do so
12 a stripped screw head caused me to pull the dizzy with the cap on. (first sign of trouble with the timing) I could not see the rotor position.
13 thought that I put it back right, no dice, runs worse than ever off idle and dies going into gear.
14 Reflashed
15 reclocked dizzy
16 wrote more than most people want to read
17 Rage quite a few times, pulled remaining hair out.