Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me V2 stuck in dead poll

Default New to me V2 stuck in dead poll

I bought a used V2 from a gentleman about a month ago. When I bought it, the V2 powered up normally. Recently I decided to pull the stock tune off my '06 Cummins so that I could start tuning. In the midst of this, the software (July 08 release) indicated that the firmware needed to be updated. The software became unresponsive in the middle of the update using EFI Live Explorer. Since then, the V2 is stuck in deadpoll, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the entire V7.5 and V8 Software, rolled back to the may release of the software, all for naught. The software hangs and becomes unresponsive at the drop of a hat with the V2 plugged in. Without the V2 plugged in, it seems to load correctly.

Help me out here guys, I'm not very impressed with the product right now. I've spent all weekend looking through documents on this forum looking for the answer. I've tried updating the firmware from V8 and from Explorer.

The one time I actually got the firmware updater to load from Explorer, it showed Bootblock version 2.07.07, which it said was good, and firmware 2.07.82, which it said needed to be updated to 2.07.82, or the same version. I noticed in the release notes that the current version is 2.07.85 though.

Please help, I'd really like to use EFI Live.
    2006 MegaCab 4x4 Goerend 48re, 37s on a KORE race suspension. Exergy 30% injectors, Banks intake, intercooler, air horn and exhaust. New to EFI and tuning for optimized daily driving and mileage.

Lifetime Member

It is unnecessary to use EFI Explorer to upgrade firmware, it can all be done from the [Check Firmware] option within the V8 software. You can do it that way if you choose, however EFI Explorer was more just a tool created as an interim measure during the development of V8 software. The firmware upgrade process is now included. (NOTE: EFI Explorer is still used to move data logs and tune files from your V2 to your PC, so it's not completely redundant yet).

If your V2 is in deadpoll mode, open V8 software, connect your FlashScan V2 to your PC, and select the [Check Firmware] option.

If the V2 is in deadpoll mode, the Current firmware option will always say please upgrade to version XXX even if it is the same as the firmware installed. This is because of the mode the device is in - deadpoll is the state the device must be in for firmware programming. Deadpoll prevents other operations from being performed, including the firmware version validation.

You can select the Upgrade firmware option, and the device will reprogram the firmware and return the V2 to regular operations.

Firmware .82 is associated with the May 01, 2015 release. Firmware .85 with the July 08, 2015 software release.

July 08 software, as pre-release status is not available via the Auto-Update feature of our software and is only available via manual download from our forum. To ensure you are running July 08 software, to use .85 firmware, can you please confirm that you are running the following software versions:

V8 Software: V8.2.2, Build 279
    FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.85 (Jul 08, 2015)
    FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
    V7.5 Software: V7.5.7, Build 286

Cheers
    Cindy

Thanks Cindy for the quick reply.

I've attempted it both ways, using Explorer and V8 since I was desperate. Both programs lock up and become unresponsive when the firmware update is attempted.

I tried both the July 08 release, and the May release. Same outcome. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both versions 3-4 times. I'm now going to ensure I'm running the software you listed above..clean install.

The V2 bootblock is 2.07.07. The Firmware that it shows is 2.07.82.

I just want this thing to work.
    2006 MegaCab 4x4 Goerend 48re, 37s on a KORE race suspension. Exergy 30% injectors, Banks intake, intercooler, air horn and exhaust. New to EFI and tuning for optimized daily driving and mileage.

Both versions cleanly installed from here : https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...ic-Pre-Release

I open V8, hit the little V2 in the bottom right, I get a green checkmark, and then when I press check firmware, I get a window that says no V2 is connected, and a sys tray notification that the V2 has stopped responding.

I've verified that I have the correct drivers from the EFI program itself.

Please advise.

Lifetime Member

Can you please try another USB port/different USB cable?

If you are running Windows 8 with only USB 3.0 ports, can you please read this thread https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...28USB3-xHCI%29

Beyond that, I'll need to escalate your issue to Andrew.

Cheers
    Cindy

I have two USB ports on the laptop. I've tried both, no discernible difference. I'll read the thread.

Thanks

So I went into the bios, and turned off the USB 3.0 capability.

This time it worked like a champ, zero issues. Firmware is now green.

Many thanks Cindy!!

Lifetime Member

Excellent! I'm glad to hear you got it up and running.

In the coming days I'll add those USB 3.0 instructions to our upgrading firmware instructions so the next person can find the answers much more easily.

Cheers
    Cindy

Next question....

I've successfully pulled the stock file off my truck.

When I open 7.5 Tune, and open the file, I get the warning about changes being discarded, and to register the V2. I've done that, entering the data from the registration card that was in the box. However I continue to get this error.

How do I fix this?

Lifetime Member

Double check the date format to make sure the date displayed on the registration card mirrors the date entered into the V7 software. Newer registration cards display in this format dd-mon-year, but older registration cards are completely numeric in this format xx/xx/xx, where details should be entered in dd/mm/yy format (not month, date, year).

Other pointers:
    FlashScan Serial - ensure you have the leading zeros (you could copy the serial from the V8 F7: Licenses tab to ensure you don't make a data entry error.
    Make sure that the License type selected is Commercial Scan & Tune.
    Registration key should all be in capitals.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast