Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Improving WB Tune: Large difference in Min/Max + Suggested Values for TC+TF

You can use the same AutoVE procedure, but set the PE table to EQR 1.175 for NA engine (there was a concern that transitioning in/out of PE would skew the data, but since PE transition coincides with throttle movement, the transient filter removes this data).

Also, you may want to take a read of post #1 of the Calc.VET thread.

Take a look at spark as statesman said (your spark is coming from the LO table).

Lifetime Member

I am still blown away that I didn't know the difference between 1 trip and 2 trip. Maybe I should go back to riding my sport bike. haha.
    Is there a technical document that I can run through to make sure I fully understand what these tables do?

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed View Post
    I am still blown away that I didn't know the difference between 1 trip and 2 trip. Maybe I should go back to riding my sport bike. haha.
    Is there a technical document that I can run through to make sure I fully understand what these tables do?
    Fear not, you are not alone......I've just checked on what I've been doing for the past few days, Ummmm, maybe I'll just re-do it again :-)
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Lifetime Member

I have been doing a lot of work on this and making some progress.

The truck doesn't stall as much anymore. Only sometimes randomly and multiple times in a row. It used to stall going into R and now it doesn't.
    Every once and awhile the idle RPM will get batted around a whole bunch and take 30 seconds to settle down. 200 RPM differences.
    Sometimes when letting off the gas on a roll the RPMs will come down to idle, bog, and then pop back up.
    Your problems seem excessive for what really isn't that big a cam. What's the LSA on your cam and what kind of headers have you got?

Yes, what are your cam specs (int/exh dur, lsa, adv)...?

Don't feel bad...

sometimes I fire a mental blank, I have to scurry around relearning some basic concept...

Lifetime Member

2004 Yukon Denali.
    Stock LQ4 bottom end. 6.0L engine
    Precision Heads, 5.3L heads, stage 2.5
    Texas Speed 224R cam, this is a 224/224 cam with .581 lift, 114 lsa
    Kooks catted 1 3/4 headers with catted connection pipe.
    Currently running factory muffler (wife says if it gets louder she will punch me in the face)
    FAST LSXtr 102mm intake
    stock intake tract and throttle body
    LS2 corvette injectors.

At this point it rarely stalls but it chugs. Sometimes the RPMS fall down really low and after 2-3 seconds it will pick back up. This usually happens when slowing down. Sometimes the idle swings around.

I am planning on running through the CALC.VET thread today to see if that changes the fueling any and then try the RAFIG RAFPN again.

Yukon_0020.ctz

Lifetime Member

That cam doesn't have any overlap... it really shouldn't be causing you any problems at all. You didn't mention your torque converter in that list. Are you running a stock stall converter?

The open loop MAF tune you posted in your original post isn't even set up for running in MAF only mode. You need to set {B0120} "RPM Threshold For Airflow Calculation" to 400 to go into MAF only mode.

You might be better off putting your injector data into a stock tune and start tuning from scratch. With your injector data, your voltage offset values look really low to me... where did you get that injector data from?

With that cam, try going back to stock settings, doing what statesman said.

Lifetime Member

Seems drastic to just fix the hunting idle issue that remains at this point. BUT I am willing to try it. You guys know your s$#it.

I got the fuel injector data from a stock tune I got off Holden Crazy for a 2005 Corvette Automatic. I am in the process of comparing those sets of data now but it just takes time and the tables aren't 100% the same.

A torque converter will be installed at a later date. Factory tranny and TC at this time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast