Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking to possibly update my V2 have a few questions...

Default looking to possibly update my V2 have a few questions...

i believe i currently have the 211/203 build in my V2 which was released before any of this EPA USA emissions restrictions BS so i CAN still delete tune my 08 6.7 with access to all emissions parameters that were originally released. ive tried searching and just cant find a STRAIGHT answer so please hold back on the "search" comments.. my question is can i update my V2 to the current software release and STILL RETAIN my delete capabilities/access to emissions parameters that are applicable to the early 6.7 Cummins 07.5-09?

if not then what was the last software release that still allowed me to delete and where can i get the build to update my V2 to that older release? if that is at all possible?

last question is are these emissions tuning restrictions only in the diesel world? if i were to buy a license to tune my LS1 are there any emissions delete restrictions in the gas community?

EFILive has not removed any parameters that were ever available for previously supported vehicles. The restrictions only affect the LML duramax on the diesel side, which never had delete parameters on US software anyway.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydiesel View Post
    EFILive has not removed any parameters that were ever available for previously supported vehicles. The restrictions only affect the LML duramax on the diesel side, which never had delete parameters on US software anyway.

Probably beating a dead horse here, but is there any time frame for the delete parameter release for the CM2200? Had efi on my '06 and want it on my '11 too and I'm not as smart as these guys building .cax files haha.

Quote Originally Posted by evildiesel View Post
    Probably beating a dead horse here, but is there any time frame for the delete parameter release for the CM2200? Had efi on my '06 and want it on my '11 too and I'm not as smart as these guys building .cax files haha.
    Is never a timeframe??

Dont expect EFI to release any delete tuning in the US, with many US based tuners having the ability to provide deletes...via self generated CAX files.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Is never a timeframe??

Dont expect EFI to release any delete tuning in the US, with many US based tuners having the ability to provide deletes...via self generated CAX files.
    Well aren't u friendly. I'm not a U.S. customer by the way and they have stated they will release it to non US based customers. So "never" isn't really a true statement. Don't have to be a smart mouth to be cool.

Well aren't u friendly. I'm not a U.S. customer by the way and they have stated they will release it to non US based customers. So "never" isn't really a true statement. Don't have to be a smart mouth to be cool.
    Must have missed the part where you stated you were not based in the US....so yeah I sounded snippy, because it truly has become "beating a dead horse".
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Must have missed the part where you stated you were not based in the US....so yeah I sounded snippy, because it truly has become "beating a dead horse".
    Yea I guess when you're not as cool as you, having the .cax file, people get impatient.

Lifetime Member

BTW- most people are starting with a deleted base file. then using efilive to tune it.

you can always purchase a deleted base file and is left open for you to tune it...

Quote Originally Posted by RADustin View Post
    BTW- most people are starting with a deleted base file. then using efilive to tune it.

you can always purchase a deleted base file and is left open for you to tune it...

Who sells these?

Yea I guess when you're not as cool as you, having the .cax file, people get impatient.
    I guess I must have missed the part where I stated that I did have CAX....I am in fact one of MANY US based tuners who are being left out in the dark with regards to 2010+ tuning....but I read posts and follow along where EFI has stated SEVERAL times that people like myself will never get the ability to tune with deletes in the US.

We can do this all day long....but I think a simple read of the MANY threads regarding delete tuning for the 2010+ trucks, would have lead you to the answer you were looking for.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast