Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reaching out for some help on tuning

Default Reaching out for some help on tuning

Try to make this short. I use to have a lot more time now I don't I wrecked the intake on the car few years ago haven't driven it since. Would like to fix it up and take it to a car show. I since have the parts to fix what was broken. I believe the car was tuned for speed density not sure how to tell for sure. I have efi live and I have a road runner pcm for the 01 trans am not installed though but I do have the wide band setup to plug into the efi live module. Was always told it could self tune in some sort of way. Anyways the car has a cam and heads and intake the normal upgrades pretty much. But I needed a new intake throttle body and maf sensor so i went with a 92 mm fast and 92mm tb and 100mm maf the texas and speed one. I use to have a k&n open filter on the car but that got damaged as well so not sure if i'll just do the bigger air lid but it's not a permanent solution since I have a procharger kit for the car to be put on but haven't found the time for that either. But since I'll be changing the inlet setup on the car do i need to do some tuning to be able to drive it? If so is there a write up somewhere on how to tune the maf sensor? I will admit i'm a novice at the tuning I always wanted to learn so I got the tools to do the job but hadn't the time to learn. Maybe even someone can adjust my current tune a bit? I really appreciate any and all help, what I have learned in the past it seems I have already forgotten, have pity on me.
    I RATHER BE BLOWN & STROKED THAN SPRAYED

What year/model/vehicle do you have...?

Concisely list the mods currently installed on this vehicle.

When was it last run...?

Do you have FlashScan V2 or V1...?

Which wideband do you have...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What year/model/vehicle do you have...?

Concisely list the mods currently installed on this vehicle.

When was it last run...?

Do you have FlashScan V2 or V1...?

Which wideband do you have...?
    Thanks for taking the time to reply,

Car is a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6 Speed

Last driven was probably 3 years ago i think come this fall, Last tune was probably 5k - 6k miles once i bought it I really didn't drive it as much as I would of hoped to.

I bought the car used with some mods and it was suppose to be tuned down in Texas can't remember where for sure though.
    Mods are right now Stage 2 Heads, Texas Speed and Performance Cam I think it's the magic stick, Long tube headers no cats, Fast 92 intake nicky williams 92 TB and the 100mm maf from TS&P Since my air filter broke i just bought a fast toys parts 104mm air lid. I have bigger plans for it but right now I'd be happy to get it up and running like it should.

I have the flashScan v2 and a AEM Wideband gauge with the serial wiring able to plug into the v2

Which V7 and V8 software builds do you currently have installed (in snantool do Help->About)...?

Which V2 firmware version does your V2 have (in V8 S&T click Check Firmware)...?

Which V7 and V8 software builds do you currently have installed (in snantool do Help->About)...?

Which V2 firmware version does your V2 have (in V8 S&T click Check Firmware)...?

I ended up having to install fresh software since last install i reloaded my laptop V7 has the V7.5.7 Build 282 and V8 is 8.2.2 Build 276

My v2 is out of date it seems i have boot block 2.07.04 and firmware 2.07.35 not sure if there will be a issue with updating so i'll wait to see what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by ToXshoX View Post
    I ended up having to install fresh software since last install i reloaded my laptop V7 has the V7.5.7 Build 282 and V8 is 8.2.2 Build 276

My v2 is out of date it seems i have boot block 2.07.04 and firmware 2.07.35 not sure if there will be a issue with updating so i'll wait to see what you say.
    Ok, download and install V7 and V8 from here: July-08-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

Then update your V2 bootblock/firmware by doing this: kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949

Then you will have to configure your V2 for BBX: kb_article.php?ref=6659-YAHB-3781

Ok, download and install V7 and V8 from here: July-08-2015-EFILive-Public-Pre-Release

Then update your V2 bootblock/firmware by doing this: kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949

Then you will have to configure your V2 for BBX: kb_article.php?ref=6659-YAHB-3781

Ok all is updated. Doing the whole Black Box thing. Here's where all the reading i've done in the past i pretty much forgot by now and since I'm on my own where i live I don't have any guidance on what i'm doing is correct. What are some of the Available PID's I should select? It will be for a LS1B. Does the Roadrunner pcm show up differently for selecting controllers? I dont have it installed yet so I have yet to play with it. Switchable tunes doesn't pertain to me i'm assuming. I'm not sure if I need to create my own turn files also? I'm am feeling pretty bad about being as lost as I am now.

Have a look at post #1 of the Calc.VET thread (sticked in Gen III section), this shows which pids to log.

RR sbould show up same as LS1B in scantool.

Switchable tunes is for GM Diesel.

No worries, we'll get back on track.

Have a look at post #1 of the Calc.VET thread (sticked in Gen III section), this shows which pids to log.

RR sbould show up same as LS1B in scantool.

Switchable tunes is for GM Diesel.

No worries, we'll get back on track.

What is the link to that Calc.VET post I have https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-single-log%29

The roadrunner will be able to select once connected usb?

I don't know if I'm making this harder than it is but It seems like a huge about of information to know and understand and I get overwhelmed. Since I never seen anyone tune before and the most i've ever really messed with is turning off sensors that trigger codes and changing speedo and e fan setups. I'm a bit cautious and unsure of myself. What is the black box suppose to do in a nutshell. I think my lack of understanding some of the forums is because i've never tuned fuel injection before. Many carbs i've done with the help of wideband gauges. But i honestly don't know and i've never been told what really is needed to be changed to make the engine run richer or leaner.

I read the steps in setting up the black box and even that one forum post on calc.vet but I don't know what it's doing or going to be doing.
    Last edited by ToXshoX; July 21st, 2015 at 03:06 AM.

I don't remember my stock pcm being locked but I went to read the data and it said it's locked with a custom key. Is it possible that the older boot loader locked it out or something?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast