Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reaching out for some help on tuning

Quote Originally Posted by ToXshoX View Post
    I don't remember my stock pcm being locked but I went to read the data and it said it's locked with a custom key. Is it possible that the older boot loader locked it out or something?
    Try this:

What if I forget the key?

When a controller is Manually-Locked, an encrypted copy of the seed and key is saved in a file called: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\PCMLocks.ini. Use the V8 software option [F8: Tools] -> F5 Keys to recover those keys. This option cannot be used to recover Auto-Locking keys.

Quote Originally Posted by ToXshoX View Post
    What is the link to that Calc.VET post I have https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-single-log%29

The roadrunner will be able to select once connected usb?

I don't know if I'm making this harder than it is but It seems like a huge about of information to know and understand and I get overwhelmed. Since I never seen anyone tune before and the most i've ever really messed with is turning off sensors that trigger codes and changing speedo and e fan setups. I'm a bit cautious and unsure of myself. What is the black box suppose to do in a nutshell. I think my lack of understanding some of the forums is because i've never tuned fuel injection before. Many carbs i've done with the help of wideband gauges. But i honestly don't know and i've never been told what really is needed to be changed to make the engine run richer or leaner.

I read the steps in setting up the black box and even that one forum post on calc.vet but I don't know what it's doing or going to be doing.
    Yes, see post #1 of that thread, read carefully, follow the links it mentioned, ask questions.

RR USB interface is used by V7 tunetool independently of V7 scantool logging from the OBD-II port.

BBX = black box logging (BBL) of pids, black box flashing (BBF) to PCM, black ox reading (BBR) of tune from PCM.

PCM is like a carburetor/ignition system on hyper-steroids, it accomplishes the same thing in must finer/quicker detail... see posts #4 #2 #29 of this thread for a condensed summary: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-Summary-Notes

PCM calculates cylinder airmass from MAF and/or VE, then it looks up how much fuel to add from various fueling tables (B3605, B3618) or from Closed Loop trimming, then it looks up IFR to calculate how long to spray injectors, it also looks up spark tables to set ignition timing based on cylinder airmass... we'll guide you thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Try this:

What if I forget the key?

When a controller is Manually-Locked, an encrypted copy of the seed and key is saved in a file called: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\PCMLocks.ini. Use the V8 software option [F8: Tools] -> F5 Keys to recover those keys. This option cannot be used to recover Auto-Locking keys.
    I'll try this later today when i get back home.
    I RATHER BE BLOWN & STROKED THAN SPRAYED

Yes, see post #1 of that thread, read carefully, follow the links it mentioned, ask questions.

RR USB interface is used by V7 tunetool independently of V7 scantool logging from the OBD-II port.

BBX = black box logging (BBL) of pids, black box flashing (BBF) to PCM, black ox reading (BBR) of tune from PCM.

PCM is like a carburetor/ignition system on hyper-steroids, it accomplishes the same thing in must finer/quicker detail... see posts #4 #2 #29 of this thread for a condensed summary: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-Summary-Notes

PCM calculates cylinder airmass from MAF and/or VE, then it looks up how much fuel to add from various fueling tables (B3605, B3618) or from Closed Loop trimming, then it looks up IFR to calculate how long to spray injectors, it also looks up spark tables to set ignition timing based on cylinder airmass... we'll guide you thru it.
    I wish I could of seen this done one time I'm sure I could figure it out if I had seen it done once. I think some of the terms gets me over whelmed. I wouldn't even mind paying someone to just help me threw the steps the first time. It's always like this for me the first time doing things. I've come a long way since I knew nothing lol.

Ok, read these articles first:
    kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820
    kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949
    kb_article.php?ref=6659-YAHB-3781
    kb_article.php?ref=5992-UOAZ-4147

read and ask questions... this will be the first step.

It gives me some error BootLoader Rejected Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BootLoader Reject Error.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	18649

i tried the V8 software key thing and got nothing there was no file name PCMlocks either. So i'm not sure what to do now. I might have downloaded the pcm config and it might be stored somewhere I guess i can load that into my Roadrunner pcm perhaps? But as far as unlocking this pcm can it be done?

Was your PCM ever locked that you can remember...?

Did you select LS1B as the controller...?

Was your PCM ever locked that you can remember...?
    I can't remember if i ever read the pcm before I might not have since I can't seem to find .tun file for that vehicle and I have files for all my others. I bought the car used and it was tuned down in Texas somewhere. Maybe they put a lock on it?

Ok, read these articles first:
    kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820
    kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949
    kb_article.php?ref=6659-YAHB-3781
    kb_article.php?ref=5992-UOAZ-4147

read and ask questions... this will be the first step.
    For the wideband what do you want it setup for? Lamba or Air Fuel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast